Sprinkler System Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprinkler System Help Please

Got home from the lake on Sunday to find one of my irrigation boxes pouring water out of it. I shut the water off to it and let it drain, which it did by the next morning. I have set and reset my timer BY THE BOOK. It comes on just like it should but, it also comes on at random times. Sunday is not my watering day. So why would an irrigation box be flooding. Do these events correspond to one another. I cannot get the box to flood again. WTF?
    Attached Files
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Is the dead lizard involved in any fashion?

Comment

I don't think so. Poor little guy drowned in there. I just left him in for the pic. Is that cruel? He's there for scale.

Comment

Do you know if there is water going to the box? Have you tried to turn the little knob on the siphons to see if the sprinklers will come on?

Comment

The control valves have a bleeder that will vent when the diaphragm is failing. You can replace just the top half of the valve. Just buy the exact valve, if available, then use the top hoalf to replace the solenoid and diaphragm. Otherwise, you have to cut it apart and build a new manifold. Not sure why they come on at random times....
          So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

There is definitely water going to the box. My first though was a failing valve. I'll see if I can find one. The random turn on times has me stumped.

Comment

So ya, can't get it to flood again. Maybe that lizard did have something to do with it?

Comment

NICKYPOO - Off topic a littl, but not much.....
                I seem to have the same actuators that you do.

Do your sprinklers give you a headache like this at least once a season? I feel like I am at a constant battle with my sprinklers.

Comment

Actually, its been a pretty easy system to maintain. This is the first year its given me trouble.

Comment

Working...
                  X