What to do when not boating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do when not boating

I would like to say I do this every weekend when not boating, but I only manage to get to the track a few times a year.

Here is my Cobra going around Hallett Speedway.

I probably should have been boating since the temps were at 100 degrees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltLLt_40JaI

Also do I need to "embed" the video?
    The worst day of boating is still the better than the best day of work......, unless you bend your prop.

Last 7 years or so, I have drag raced. I drove a 7 second altered in nostalgia events. Gave it up this year because insurance wont pay if you die in a racing crash...
    Here's a vid from my 7.56 pass at the march meets in '09:

Turn on your speakers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6dod_XFXRo
    Last edited by bigdaddy_houseboater; 06-30-2011, 04:59 PM.
    So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

That's one mean cobra! I like the SNAP-ON ezup at the start of the video.
      I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Great vid - fun to watch.

Here's how to embed the vid:

1.use advanced edit mode
        2.use only the last part of the url string after the =
        3. so its ...... ltLLt_40JaI then highlight that text w mouse
        4. click the youtube icon from icons above
        5. voila...it looks like this.....

Comment

Thanks for embedding the vid.
          The worst day of boating is still the better than the best day of work......, unless you bend your prop.

Comment

When not on the boat - coaching baseball, playing softball, playing golf, saltwater fishing, hunting, woodworking, customizing kids power wheels, and the list goes on. I have way too many hobbies.

Comment

Lol at the BMW helmet. I have a supercharged e36 M3 that I have done a few track days with. But I am actually going to sell the car now I don't have the time and money to do both hobbies any more ( boating and tracking a car or bike). And I can enjoy boating with a lot more people.

Comment

Fixed my original one too
                So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Originally posted by Kimber View Post
                  When not on the boat - coaching baseball, playing softball, playing golf, saltwater fishing, hunting, woodworking, customizing kids power wheels, and the list goes on. I have way too many hobbies.
                  Customizing Power Wheels? Post some pics, sounds interesting.

Comment

Cool stuff. RJ and I ride our motorcycles up here. I live in motorcycle heaven if you like mountain roads and gorgeous scenery. I normally put 2k miles a year on my bike, but now I have my buddy RJ riding with me, got his permit and a bike. I have put on 4k since he got his permit in April. We are working on a way to document roads we love, and a site for that, here is my first test. Should have it dialed in in a week or so.

This is one of our favorite sections on Hwy 70 along the feather river, one of the branches that feeds our lake. This is me on my Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster.

http://wake9.com/

Comment

I did the 2 day BMW M driving course, and much to my suprise, at the end of the course they let you keep the helmet. Pretty cool helmet, but I do get a little odd looks wearing it and driving the Cobra. Of course not enough to make me want to shell out 400+ for an another helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Oklahoma Breakdown View Post
                        Customizing Power Wheels? Post some pics, sounds interesting.
                        Oklahoma, here is a link to one I re-built.

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/f...TOPIC_ID=15756

Buy them cheap on Craigslist and custom build. This one has new motors, bumped from 12v to 18v, traction bands added to the front wheels, LED headlights/tailights, Pink underglow LED lighting, cooling fans and heat sinks for the motors, new paint.

We have 4 different Power Wheel vehicles in the garage, all have been modified with lights and power boost of some kind or another. My kids all know how to power slide and do do-nuts - they love it. My wife says I am addicted to it. Recently a lot of my time has been focused on modifying the Tige, so we ride these less now.

Comment

I have way to many hobbies just like everyone else. I was a professional music for 7 years, and then the wife asked me to lay off the touring and actually get a day job so I could be home more often. So I finally used my undergrad degree and got a day job. BOOO! However, I still moonlight here and there. The pictures below are when I opened up for Charlie Daniels when he was in Reno last fall.

Besides music and heading to the lake every weekend I play a lot of softball, WORK way to much, ride my Ducati Monster and KTM 525. To much to choose from.

Comment

another cool thread....woodworking & DIY, Jakes's baseball and basketball coach, flying but gave it up due to cost and focus on boating, Buckeyes football but thats gonna be rough this yr and family activities.

Comment

Originally posted by jbort View Post
                              ..... Buckeyes football
                              OUCH! I am from Dayton Ohio (Beavercreek actually), and I am not waving my Buckeye flag this football season. HAHA! STOOPID Tressel and STOOPID Pyror.

Comment

Working...
                              X