GT5 Nissan GT Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT5 Nissan GT Academy

Just wondering if anyone here has been playing the new Gran Turismo 5 and if so, did you enter the Nissan GT Academy?

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2011/

How did you do?

I ended up registering late last week which really only gave me this weekend to make the cut. I did not. I really wish I had done it sooner. Would have given me the chance to perfect my laps. Every time I tried, I got closer. Just ran out of time. Oh well. If anybody wants to race, let me know, we'll hook up in my lounge.

My personal rankings:

Region (west) - 811
    All Regions - 2465
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

I thought about doing it but since I didn't have all golds on my license tests yet I figured that I didn't stand a chance.

Comment

You shoulda had a go man. It was pretty fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
        I thought about doing it but since I didn't have all golds on my license tests yet I figured that I didn't stand a chance.
        X2, but I've been playing and it's fun. I'm EwokHD in sonyland, apparently Ewok was taken years ago when I first signed up on my ps2.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Alright! I'm going to have to set up a TigeOwners only race. I'm not sure why I felt I needed to keep my screen name a secret. I'm Double-_O over there.

The online stuff is really the best part of the new GT. You two should do the "Bonus Races" in the "Seasonal Events" ASAP. There are relatively easy and they are worth tons of credits. By far the easiest credits in the game. The trick is not spending more on the car you need for each race than you'll win in said race. Usually full weight reduction, racing tires and some basic motor and suspension stuff is more than enough to pass 'em all.

The open lounge is awesome for racing you're buddies. You just meet at someone's "room" and from there the track and conditions can all be set by the "owner" of the "room". It's much better than the GT5 Prolog where it was just a couple of select events and you had to race whoever you ended up getting stuck with. The new setup is whatever you want it to be. I'll set one up today sometime called "Tigeowners".

I'd like to get one of those headsets but, for now I just have to communicate by the messages on the screen. Nobody likes to hear me talk anyways.

Comment

Im down, just post up some notice a few days out so I can try to get on at the same time. My usual time to play is before the wife and kids wake up, usually around 0600 pacific time. Sometimes late at night but my wife might let me get on with other TOs.

Comment

I still have to figure the online piece out...my wi-fi keeps dropping on the PS3 but my Wii that sits right next to it has 0 problems.

Comment

I managed 123rd in the midwest, I dont think I can make it to round three. Can a possible future Tige owner join in the lounge? I dont have a lot of friends racing on GT5.

Comment

There are many non Tige owners on this site, all are welcome, especially those who are shopping for or hoping for a Tige in the future.

Comment

Wow! I went online and did a couple of races...they pay big money (1 Million + credits) and I went from level 19 to level 21 in 3 races! NICE!

Comment

Originally posted by MattieK27 View Post
                      I managed 123rd in the midwest, I dont think I can make it to round three. Can a possible future Tige owner join in the lounge? I dont have a lot of friends racing on GT5.
                      DAMN! Made the cut. Outstanding.

Not sure if we want someone that fast in our lounge. J/K Of course your welcome.

I'm usually a late nighter. By 2200 I'm usually clear of family.

What about the rest of you?

Comment

I'm usually around 10pm mountain or sometimes right after work in the 6-7 range.

Comment

Working...
                        X