Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple iPad - good for reading books?

Hey folks,

Well it is Christmas time and thinking about getting my wife an iPad. She actually wants a Kindle but the iPad has much more functionality and yes, more cost as well.

The question is how is it to read books on? Anyone have one and do it on a regular basis? I was wondering about eye strain because of the backlit screen. Also, how is it in bright sun light? She wants to be able to take it the beach and read a book.

Thanks for any feedback!

The ipad is a tablet computer that can be used as an e-reader. The kindle is an e-reader.
    kindle is better for just reading (and thats all it does) but i would not trade my ipad as it does eveything else (web, movies, tv, music, games, and on and on). I have no problems with the ipad in sunlight, eye strain will be personal, but I would consider this, does you lap top screen hurt your eyes? also, the ipad has adjustable brightness and in the kindle app on ipad you can make a black back ground with white text if you want to dim things even further.

Comment

I got my ipad for reading PDFs and i use it for much more now. it is the most open e-reader, the kindle app and comic apps are great.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Reading books on the iPad is pretty cool. iBooks, or any of the other readers ported to an iPad app work well. By getting her an iPad, you don't just limit her to reading books. I love mine, and my wife is always trying to use it...so she's getting her own for Christmas....ssshhhh.....don't tell her.

-Mike
        Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

What a few months for the new ones to come out ?

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...suppliers-say/

Comment

I like mine and use it to read.
            Originally posted by G-MONEY
            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X