Ewok's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ewok's Great Adventure

Well, long time no post, it's been a busy last few days. I'm finally checked into my hotel in Las Cruces, NM. I got a VERY late start and that is a long story for another thread. I built a plywood place holder for the bow to keep the cover from forming a big air scoop down the highway and it works! I have a lot of personal stuff that we don't trust the movers with and even though the boat is loaded a little more heavily than when I take it to the lake, I'm getting about 1.5 mpg better fuel economy. Someone should make a lightweight bow cover that does not cave in for longer distance towing, it makes a difference.

Anyway, I'm tired, I'll post more tomorrow night with some pics, I just can't do that now, too tired.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Be careful Ewok and we look forward to your updates!

Comment

Day Zero, Wed, 1 December:

The moving truck showed up on time and the mover joked about putting the boat in his truck. We measured it anyhow and it was an inch too wide. The furniture looking thing on the ground is a part of an old desk my uncle wanted me to put in my boat and take it to LA. That desk is now in pieces in a dumpster.

So that is part of the story, here is the rest. My wife and kids are flying up to Spokane as I type this, so I needed someone to drive my car. Many other friends and family were unable to make the drive because there is a nationwide shortage of Vagisil. My uncle did offer to help and for that I was grateful, until he wanted to use some of my extra space to move "a few boxes" from his storage closet in Houston out to LA, his new residence. How much stuff I asked, about a Yukon suv load he said. On day zero he shows up with a 14' U-haul just about full of boxes. Oh he said as he looked at my boat and 4runner. So he and I spent the next 24 hours sorting the few things he REALLY had to keep and we threw the rest out at the dump.

So my plan to leave at 0800 on Thursday, Day 1 actually turned into leaving at 1545 . And now you know the rest of the story, and I'm now about to get back on the road. I'm going to try for Glendale, CA tonight to get my uncles $hit out of my car and boat.

Stay classy TOs.

Comment

Bummer man! Holy advantage taking of uncle! Good luck!

Comment

Whew that drive from Las Cruces to Glendale is a haul...I have done it a few times. Stay safe man.

Comment

ewok, Thanks for posting on your journey I was wondering when you were doing it. It's Dec 3 and we are all wondering what is new in your journey....where's the pixs promised in the first post?
            I think you should also keep a road trip food log, like drank 5 red bulls today and ate a can of slim jims or something.
            I do red bulls and sunflower seeds on my road trips.

Comment

Just pulled in for gas on the west side of Phoenix. So far I've had holiday inn express breakfast, 3 cups of coffee, subway roast beef from a truck stop, 2 supersized iced-ts, one massive piss, 2 blue monsters and one bag of beef jerky.

Comment

Day zero pic:

Comment

Day two, crossing into AZ, day one was mostly dark:

Comment

Right now, day 2 is 2/3 done, 330 miles to Glendale, CA.

Comment

What kind of mileage you getting in that 4 Runner?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                        Just pulled in for gas on the west side of Phoenix. So far I've had holiday inn express breakfast, 3 cups of coffee, subway roast beef from a truck stop, 2 supersized iced-ts, one massive piss, 2 blue monsters and one bag of beef jerky.
                        I totally know how ya feel..................when I spend too much time in the drivers seat, I end up with 2 blue monsters

Drive safe
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          I totally know how ya feel..................when I spend too much time in the drivers seat, I end up with 2 blue monsters

Drive safe
                          Seriously! Is that where this thread is going?

Comment

Originally posted by ajholt7 View Post
                            Looks like it, at least Ewok didn't post pics.
                            The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Originally posted by ajholt7 View Post
                              Well, he did post this thread in the off-topic area, so yeah

Comment

Working...
                              X