Car Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Project

hey guys, as some of you may know my car got broken into last week. in order to prevent a repeat of the aforementioned i would like to wire my car with something like an electric fence.. any ideas?

something like wiring a battery to the alarm system and the frame so when the alarm is armed anyone who touches my doors get something of a cattle prod shock..
    Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Hmmmm...probably not a great idea (as well as illegal). Think of a little old lady who accidentally bumps your car as she tries to get into/out of hers. I can imagine criminal charges plus a civil suit in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
      Hmmmm...probably not a great idea (as well as illegal). Think of a little old lady who accidentally bumps your car as she tries to get into/out of hers. I can imagine criminal charges plus a civil suit in the future.
      to heck with her shouldnt be bumping into my car anyway
      Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

Originally posted by MTtigekid View Post
        to heck with her shouldnt be bumping into my car anyway
        Lol I have the same thoughts whenever some one steals something from me
        "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

I like the way you think

But, since your car is a 12 negative ground electrical system, inducing voltage into the chassis of the car in order to shock a would-be thief, would most likely fry the electronics.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

A friend of mine has an up armored Mitsubishi Eclipse and he had special door handles installed that give would be car jackers an electric shock. I know it wasn't cheap, If you want I'll shoot him a text and get the manufacturers name for you.

On a side note, I have found that if you hide your stuff and don't leave anything out that is visible to steal, they probably won't want to get into your car in the first place, that includes taking the faceplate off the stereo if you can or leave the stock head unit, but there are fancy head units you can hide and control it through the head unit, if you have some coin to spend. Or just drive a POS car like I did in college and I really didn't have anything of value in my 87 Plymouth Horizon except my snowboard which I kept in my dorm room anyhow.
            2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
            2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by MTtigekid View Post
              hey guys, as some of you may know my car got broken into last week. in order to prevent a repeat of the aforementioned i would like to wire my car with something like an electric fence.. any ideas?

something like wiring a battery to the alarm system and the frame so when the alarm is armed anyone who touches my doors get something of a cattle prod shock..
              It would be sorta funny if you forgot the alarm was on! Beware setting up booby traps... Dingle is right!
              If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

My son installed a Viper alarm on his car. It can't shock somebody , but can do a lot of cool stuff.

http://www.viper.com/
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by skyski_tige View Post
                  It would be sorta funny if you forgot the alarm was on! Beware setting up booby traps... Dingle is right!
                  But then again... you might get a booby!!!
                  If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

That sucks MT, but I hate to say it, if they want your stuff they will take it. Best bet is out of sight, out of mind, and don't display your stuff, both visiualy and audioly......
                    Originally posted by G-MONEY
                    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                      That sucks MT, but I hate to say it, if they want your stuff they will take it. Best bet is out of sight, out of mind, and don't display your stuff, both visually and audibly......
                      Yep. Pay your insurance too.

Comment

Working...
                      X