Fall Colors in the NC Mountains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Colors in the NC Mountains

We headed out Sat morning for a weekend of camping and hiking in the Appalachian Mountains here in NC. This time of year, the leaves are peaking at the 2800ft level and above, so at 3400, we were right in the thick of it.

Air temps were in the 70's during the day and low 40's over night. Skies were completely clear and almost no wind.

Lunch was beef log and cheese accompanied by white wine. Dinner was Bison steak and red beans and rice with smores for dessert. breakfast was leftover steak, eggs and hash browns. Ok, yes, I am a gourmet cook around a campsite

We camped in the Pisgah NF along Upper Creek, near the bass of Brown Mtn. Most from this area are familiar with Brown Mtn, but for those that are not, the area is known for strange lights that are regularly seen along the ridge. http://www.ibiblio.org/ghosts/bmtn.html

After setting up camp, we headed up the road a bit to Linville Gorge for some hiking and leaf viewing. Although it was busy, the leaves were just right.

There was a Ferrari club running the winding mountain roads through the NF, they sounded like a swarm of bees approaching from off in the distance.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

The trees look nice but, where are the pictures of the Ferraris?
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

And a few more

Last edited by chpthril; 10-27-2010, 01:22 AM.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Great lookin trip.

Comment

Originally posted by jbort View Post
          Great lookin trip.
          It was, thanks. It was nice to just get a way for a couple of days and relax.

Comment

Now those were some nice pics, that is some great scenery to view on a hike or in a Ferrari. Almost as nice as the Poconos
            2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
            2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

All that talk about the food you cooked...and no pics of it? Geez...

Nice lookin' scenery. I sure miss living in an area that actually has trees.

Comment

I grew up in NC and as a kid we camped upper and lower in Pisgah quite a few times. Scenery never gets old. Great pics and thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Guma View Post
                  I grew up in NC and as a kid we camped upper and lower in Pisgah quite a few times. Scenery never gets old. Great pics and thanks for sharing!
                  That part of the Pisgah is my favorite. I can be off-road in only 1.5 hrs from the house There is also a tree farm just up the road in Jonas Ridge where we get our x-mas trees every year.

Comment

Chp, was in Charlotte for training and the race couple weeks ago. Beautiful part of the country! Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Reminds me of home. Looks like you had a great weekend and thanks for sharing!

Comment

Its nice to see such brilliant colors...red, yellow, and gray Ferraris in the mountains! Oh, and the leaf's colors are pretty too!

Comment

Working...
                        X