Trouble at the dock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble at the dock...

So our whole group just got our boats out of the water, a 2005 MB B-52 and a 2002 X-star. I have the X behind my truck and we're wiping the boats down and here's these two guys with mohawks in a 1976 chevy pickup lowered and he rappin' up the motor like crazy and I'm thinking to myself okay this guy has some lifters, whatever - sounds good but I notice he's jackknifing the trailer and had to make 2 or 3 attempts to get the trailer down the ramp (after almost taking off the front clip of his truck on a power pole too LOL).
    Out of the water comes an OLD glastron (I think) outboard boat. Now, I'm NOT the type to judge people at all, and I still wasn't judging this guys... yet.
    So they don't bother wiping their boat down, they strap it down and pull out. He drives past me at mutters something about "real boat". I thought I heard him right, but I say "What was that?" he replied "I said, get yourself a real boat!"
    I just laughed it off and shook my head.

Now the funny part...

We are pulling out and we come down the levee and there he is on the side of the drive way looking at his boat. We drive along side him and ask him "What's wrong?" He says he just got the boat today and doesn't know out to raise the outboard (he dragged the prop along the driveway lol). His girl is (kinda trashy lookin') asking us to help get the motor lifted up. My brother is in the passenger seat and says:
    "We don't know how to get the motor up, but you know girl! You know how to get that motor up! Get that motor up girl!"

Dude kinda laughed and gave us a friendly goodbye gesture if you get my drift. Holy crap my brother and I laughed our arses off all the way home.
    Waiting for another good one!

Boat launches are great places to hang out. You can see the funniest stuff there.

I took pictures of a minivan backed in far enough to get the front bumper wet yesterday. I'll have to post that one.

Last year we watched a lady drive her car straight down the ramp into the river.
    The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

I could get a lawn chair and a case of beer at just sit at the ramp all day and laugh.

Comment

The Wisconsin DNR has cameras at certain boat launches to make sure people are draining the bilge and cleaning the weeds off the trailer.

The DNR officers probably just love to watch the video feed of the noobs at the launch instead of being on weed watch.
        The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Few weeks ago I had a couple. Wife backing the truck down... And she should not have been doing that. They both had little waki-talki's and the dude was trying to tell her what way to turn back the trailer down it was very comical.

Anyways she completely jack knifes the trailer multiple times... huge line started building up ( I was first behind her) another spot opened up I get my boat loaded and watch as she almost rams her trailer into some other guys truck....

At that point I pull out get part way up the ramp I pulled off to the side to go back it in for her but said eff it and just got out of the way ( she pretty much had the trailer in the water at this point anyways).

Comment

The backing down the ramp wasn't that funny in my case... it was just the whole package and whammy we got to lay at the end...

Comment

lol i love boat ramps. I too could sit and watch for hours!
              Originally posted by G-MONEY
              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I was next to an old guy teaching his grandson to put the boat on the trailer. His grandson was at the wheel about to pull forward and I noticed they did not put the strap on the boat. I told the old man and he nicely told me to go screw myself. I laughed at him and decided to watch for a minute. The grandson popped the clutch and the truck took off. They got to the top of the ramp and noticed they left the boat about halfway down the ramp. I reminded the old man they left the strap off and that he was an *** as I drove off...
                If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

Originally posted by skyski_tige View Post
                  I was next to an old guy teaching his grandson to put the boat on the trailer. His grandson was at the wheel about to pull forward and I noticed they did not put the strap on the boat. I told the old man and he nicely told me to go screw myself. I laughed at him and decided to watch for a minute. The grandson popped the clutch and the truck took off. They got to the top of the ramp and noticed they left the boat about halfway down the ramp. I reminded the old man they left the strap off and that he was an *** as I drove off...
                  ha ha ha! that's a good one.

I have a funny story, that I think I told on here but not sure.

Several years ago we are at the local lake and a storm blows up really fast. We take off and head to the ramp. Drop a friend off to get the truck and proceed to idle out of the no wake zone and then float around waiting for our turn. Wind picks up and starts a blowing, well to keep the boat from drifting into shore or any of the other boats I kick it in gear and plow (duh can't get to plane that fast) out of the area. I had ballast, coolers and prob 1-1.5k in people on the boat. Needless to say big ole wake. Well there was several jet boats around. I swamp one of them, sory get a real boat lol and his friend gets all pissy and starts his boat to come after me. I'm like WTF? he throws a beer at me and hits the boat, so I proceed to tell him what I think and he again trys to play chicken with me. I don't move and he almost runs over another boat. We call 911 because all of his red neck buddies are waiting for us at the ramp. My driver in the truck doesn' tkow what's going on. He backs down Right beside the idiot I flooded. He has 5 guys trying to load his boat, I pull right on, hook up and we pull right out. His guys are cussing me and what not. Well police show up, and they are telling their side, saying i'm being wreckless blah blah blah. cop takes my side and tells them to get lost. they come up with a pipe and my two friends get out of the boat 6'6 300lbs each and all of a sudden these red neck guys back off. well then the girls in my boat get out, and you should have seen the kids. there jaws dropped to the ground.

Well they said they were sorry, and also said sorry for hitting my boat. No damage to me. well their boat was really nice,for a jet boat, real nice custom fiberglass. I told them nice work, they said thanks and it was their first weekend out in it, i was like no it' snot I saw it last weekend. turns out they were "partners in it" and the one took it out without the other knowing, so they start fighting right there. I laughed and drove off.

Typicall jet boats, all the money in the boat, and hauled by a 1970's rusted bronco.
                  Originally posted by G-MONEY
                  It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdaminMN View Post
                    Last year we watched a lady drive her car straight down the ramp into the river.
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
                      He says he just got the boat today and doesn't know out to raise the outboard (he dragged the prop along the driveway lol).
                      I guess I don't get it, how did they get ti down in the first place?
                      "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                      "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
                        I guess I don't get it, how did they get ti down in the first place?
                        I don't get that either. And I certainly could have gotten out and helped him, but it was much more fun to tell his girl to get it up. Particularly after their mouthing off.

Comment

Fiveflat,
                          Where do you put your boat in? I definitely don't see many Tiges on the Delta.

Comment

Working...
                          X