Great Day on Table Rock for Tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Day on Table Rock for Tige

I got the itch last night to take the 22v out after work. So loaded up the truck and got the boat down the Ramp at 6:00. Just me, the wife, the son, and brother-in-law. We just meant to do a little crusing/relaxing. Well about 300 feet from the ramp, we pass an 05 22v, Red, rider's graphics...nice boat. We go around the cove, and there is an 21v pulling a slalom skier. We must have passed 6 or 7 Tiges in the Hour or so we were on the lake. What a great feeling. Just the Tiges and Bass boats!

Made even better because it was my sons first time in the BIG water, he's 15 months old and a giant water bug. We can't wait until he's old enough to start water sports.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

So how is Table Rock lake for boating? I've not been down to Branson and the surronding area in over 15 years, so I have very little memory of the lake. I've been wanting to meet some old friends of mine from K.C. down in Branson this summer and was thinking of pulling the Tige up from Nashville.
    If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives.

Comment

I get this question a lot. I think most people have been to boat swamping Lake of the Ozarks and are afraid that Table Rock is similar.

It really is a nice lake, but every year it gets more crowded. There are plenty of nice places to ride, or hang out. But I would stay away from the dam, indian point or Kimberling city areas if you want good riding water, or at least want it all day.

I live in Kimberling city which is probably the most crowded area of the lake. On weekends, it can get nuts, but during the week there is no one out. I hear that Cape fair, Shell knob and Long creek are pretty nice areas, but don't expect much of a party crowd.

As for Partys, there really is only one area of the lake that gets rockin. That is an area called the Swing. Maybe 30-60 boats tied up there on a Holiday weekend.

Apres wakeboarding, Ahoys and the Bearded clam in Kimberling usually have something going on.

If you need any suggestions on where to stay or what to see, let me know, I'll point you in a good direction.

Comment

Hey Mr. Draginass,

Missed ya by 30 hours. We pulled up the stakes and left town about 12:00 on Sunday. Spent 3 hours riding the carts at Branson, then off to the ranch.

You missed a good feed Saturday night. Was a scorcher cooking between 2:00pm and 5:00 pm, but it was worth it. Fed some 600+ folks and everyone left with full bellys.

My family truly loves TR and can't wait until the next visit. Maybe meet ya someday. Until then God's Speed.

Byron

Comment

Mr. Byron

Sorry I missed you! I did see all the Crownlines gearing up on Friday night though. Looks like you guys had a great time. I'll look for you next year if you promise to wear the same hat.....

Comment

The hat is my marker. Of the 112 boats tied up in Millers Cove, everyone knew who I was by the hat, even if they were several boats away.

Comment

I'm on my way down to TR on Saturday for 1 week. I'm staying close to Kimberling City.

I like to hang around the cove with the ski course. You probably know where it is.

It's close to a 5 hour ride from St. Louis when pulling the boat. We're doing it twice this year. This coming week and then again the first week of August.

Great lake - yes, it seems to get busier every year (all the good ones do)

Comment

Smendez

Yes, that cove is called "Little Cow". It is because cow creek flows into "Big cow" right next to it. Thats a really good place to ride, but it is getting more famous. We usually ride somewhere near there, or in a cove called Gobbler's, you pass it on the left on your way to little cow from K.C. I might be out a little on Saturday, then again next weekend, I will look for you when I'm out. Keep an eye out for us too, Platinum and black hulled 05 22v w/West coast graphics. Usually pulling a tube..J/K

Comment

Working...
                X