Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's how we fill in the Big 12 (little 10 now) right now

I was so pissed I took it out on paint!

And yes, there's a reason a certain school is missing! And testicle and ***** sizes are very well thought out! :P

Sooooo pissed at ESPN/ABC/BCS/and NCAA from c-ck blocking the move into the Pac-16.
    Attached Files
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

That’s pretty funny…Even for a UT guy, except you way over estimated the size of OU’s manliness………

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TOO FUNNY TANNER!
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Canyon Lake Tige View Post
        That’s pretty funny…Even for a UT guy, except you way over estimated the size of OU’s manliness………
        Not so much! OU and UT were the only schools swinging low enough to be able to control where they wanted. Both with offers from all 3 conferences. Fortunately they both realized they needed each other during this deal and stuck together.

More proof for you

Big 12 2008-09 Revenue Sharing

1. Oklahoma, $12.2 million
        2. Texas, $11.8 million
        3. Kansas, $11.5 million
        4. Missouri, $10.4 million
        5. Texas A&M, $10.2 million
        6. Oklahoma State, $10.0 million
        7. Colorado, $9.77 million
        8. Nebraska, $9.73 million
        9. Texas Tech, $9.2 million
        10. Baylor, $9.1 million
        11. Iowa State, $8.9 million
        12. Kansas State, $8.4 million
        Last edited by Tanner; 06-15-2010, 01:12 PM.
        Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

So now with Nebraska heading to the Big 10 (giving them 12 teams) and Colorado going to the Pac 10 (giving them 11) does the old big 12 become the new big 10 and the old big 10 (11) become the new big 12?

I'm so confused.

Comment

we all are buddy

Comment

No one knows. I heard a rumor we were going to go back to the new south west conf....

Comment

stoops has gotta be mad, as does brown.

They no longer get a bonus for making it to the championship game... (conf championship that is)

Comment

From what I've heard, the conference is catering to the wishes of Texas. If I were Oklahoma I would have left anyways. Leaving Texas in a shambles.

Comment

They all played it the right way. With the conference smaller and still getting huge tv deals, it just means that everyone gets a bigger bite out of the apple. And besides, the buffs were an alsoran anyway. If only the new big 11 could convince another conference to take more of their northern division crap, they'd be in business....

Disclaimer: I live east of the Mississippi, so I have no dog in the fight and am nothing more than an interested observer.

Comment

Originally posted by LovinPowell View Post
                      From what I've heard, the conference is catering to the wishes of Texas. If I were Oklahoma I would have left anyways. Leaving Texas in a shambles.
                      Not totally true. I have some close friends that were involved in the legal talks and in the haggling for both UT and OU. Essentially OU and TX teamed up on this deal and worked together closely every step of the way. Which is why you saw OU turn down the SEC and not pay them any attn. As the Pac-10 deal was the focus. This was very a much a good cop/bad cop situation... much to my disliking as it made us look like TX's bitch since we didn't speak up. We did the backroom deals, while TX ran around and stuck out their chest for the Pac 10. OU worked on keeping Nebbish (and failed), while TX began the talks for us to the Pac 10. We (OU) had decided we did not want in the SEC early on. OU and TX jointly teamed up to salvage the Big 12 (10) and bring A&M and the rest of the teams back in.

What ALOTTTT of people fail to realize is everything was set for the Pac-10 deal. It was a done deal. The SEC again made one last run at OU with a visit to Norman. OU shot them down AGAIN. OU and TX had agreed very early on that they were a substantially more powerful entity together, financially and politically. Separate, they were a single vote in a new conference and without the appeal and MONEY of the RRS. The reason wasn't that we all didn't wanna go or didn't have the balls to go for that matter...it's that the powers that be shut it down. The media has kept quiet but ESPN, ABC, CBS, FOX and yes.... the BCS and NCAA, all came in and basically said Not gonna happen. As it was going to crush the system...literally.

The networks realized it was going to cost them an ungodly amount of money, and give the schools to much bargaining power if they went to a 16 team conference. Especially one like the new Pac 16 that would control every major TV market to the west if you split the US right down the middle. Somehowwww, the they were able convince Texas and OU that they would be able to get a substantial TV contract increase if they stayed. OU and TX were happy as they would get to maintain control and impose their will as they always have, just now with more money and a smaller TV split. In addition Texas and OU would now get to start their networks they've both been pushing for.... TX's being an estimated worth of 5 mil and OU's an estimated worth of 2.5 mil. In addition, it's no secret OU (Stoops) and TX (Brown) have both HATED the CCG's and this was their chance to avoid one as well.

So to Rehash the Pros as these 2 schools saw them

1. 20-25mil instead of 12
                      2. No More CCG to possibly derail you from the NCG
                      3. Easier path to the NCG
                      4. You control an entire BCS conference
                      5. You remain in a familiar conference
                      6. You get to start your own networks for an additional 2-5 mil
                      for just yourself!

The only wildcard was A&M but their legislature put them in-line, and TX had to bribe them.

Thus Texas and OU are getting 20-25 mil, A&M 18-22 mil, and the other schools get in the 12-14 mil range.

***These are scaled based on the gross TV revenues....whomever pulls the most TV money gets the larger percentage*** OU/TX have always shared the the top % share of the TV revenue. A&M now is an equal partner for some reason. But that's basically how things went down behind the scenes. The crappy part..... those projected TV deals..... are just that.... Projections! No Contracts, No NOTHING!

Essentially, we as fans got screwed!

One thing President Boren is known for, even when he was a Senator is his backroom deals. He's always stayed low-key yet, somehow, got things done!
                      Last edited by Tanner; 06-16-2010, 04:07 AM.

Comment

interesting facts there tanner.

It makes sense and I can understand it. I'm just glad that OSU, OU, and UT are still together. I really could care less about conferences as I think they are a joke and just ruin it all.

I do wish the Pac-16 would have happened as it would have been the start to do away with the BCS and crappy NCAA.

The issue I see now is with no CCG here is what's gonna happen. OU beats UT in Oct, then OU looses to OSU in Nov so we go back to a flipping coin toss to determine who goes to the Nat game.

that sounds like a great idea.

Comment

I am just glad that away games will look much the same. It already is a haul to attend OSU home games at 4hrs away. It would have been fun to go to new towns for away games but ultimately too expensive.

Comment

You guys are way too into college sports. Rverything in this thread is greek to me.

-

All I know is I once scored (4) TD's in one game. "Polk High class of 66"
                            www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffe View Post
                              You guys are way too into college sports. Rverything in this thread is greek to me.

-

All I know is I once scored (4) TD's in one game. "Polk High class of 66"
                              I can picture the Bundy touchdown pose right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X