Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Itunes help - Where are my playlists going????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itunes help - Where are my playlists going????

Ok recently had to get a new ipod and Update Itunes. Updated Ver. 9.1.1.12 .... I can't get my playlists to stay in itunes. They'll sync to my ipod and play in itunes and basically just act normal until I close Itunes. The second I close Itunes they disappear! However the songs remain in my ITunes library. Any ideas fellas? I'm thinking they changed the way you have to create playlists or something? I'll tell you what I'm doing and how I've alwaysssss done it with Itunes w/o problems and you guys tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

I keep all my music on my computer in a folder called "My Music" Within that folder, I have seperate sub-folders with the names of my playlists/music types. IE... Rock, Classic Rock, Country, etc. etc.

Basically I just create the same playlists names in ITunes, then I go to the sub-folder, copy all, go to the playlist and click paste. Voila! Everything is there.... sync up the Ipod and it transfers everything there, until of course I close ITunes. This is getting annoying, copying and pasting these folders anytime I want to add to a playlist. This is how I've always done it, and never had problems in the past.

So to rehash

- Itunes keeps music once pasted in the library
    - Deletes playlists once Itunes is closed, but will transfer them
    to ipod if synced before closing

Keep me from pulling out my hair
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Try importing all your files from your "my music" folder into iTunes library.
    Last edited by River Runner; 06-14-2010, 03:29 AM.
    Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Also.....go into iTunes, under the iTunes tab click preferences, then click advanced.

This should show where iTunes gets info for your music library. Make sure the boxes are checked for organizing files and copy files to iTunes media folder.

Comment

Had already imported everything.

As for the organize option! CRAPPPPPPPPP.... it screwed up my entire organization of my music folders on my damn laptop!!!! GRRRRR.... I expected it to mess it up within ITUNES... but not in my music folder. Definately don't want this... Don't want album covers/names/etc. I've got everything ordered how I want it... don't want Apple telling me how to organize my music. Now I gotta spend the next few hours undoing what Apple did my music

But thank you for trying!
        Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Finally Figured it out!

Instead of creating a single playlist folder and then creating a playlist subfolder within itunes... I was just creating playlists and it won't save them w/o a seperate subfolder underneath it. Got it working now though! Yay! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
            Finally Figured it out!

Instead of creating a single playlist folder and then creating a playlist subfolder within itunes... I was just creating playlists and it won't save them w/o a seperate subfolder underneath it. Got it working now though! Yay! LOL

You must be working with a PC.

Gotta love microsoft!!!!

Comment

Itunes blows... Period...
              Common Sense is not so Common
              Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by River Runner View Post
                You must be working with a PC.

Gotta love microsoft!!!!
                Yeah but ITunes programming is Apple's! Procedures are essentially the same from one to the other within Itunes!

But either way, I can drag and drop things from my file folders now....yayyyy!

And Zad- I agree with you! All I could snag in a last minute run on my way to the lake and I was already running late.

Comment

Working...
                X