dslr cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dslr cameras

what camera do you guy use while out on the water? i was looking at the sony dslr a330... by no means am i a pro with a camera i just wanted something that is first simple to use and takes good pictures while in motion... also what do you use for lenses and how you keep them safe on the boat? thanks for your input..

I take my D3 Nikon (5k) with me all the time. You could easily use any DSLR because the light will always be good. The more expensive DSLR's are mostly just better in low light and at the end of the day when the light is fading. Ditto for the lenses. The most important thing is just buy a camera that you will use. The pictures are what's priceless here not the camera.
    Biggest lake addict on the planet

Comment

I use a Nikon D60. It's been great! I'm no pro either.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Canon Rebel XS

Comment

IMHO, stick with Nikon or Canon. Lenses are much easier to come by then Sony on the used market. I'm a Canon guy but Nikon makes equally as nice equipment.

For lenses I have the nifty 50 and a 18-200 cheapo. The 18-200 does great in the sunlight but a 70-200 2.8IS is calling my name, that is the baddest lens you can get for taking pictures behind the boat. On a cropped lens it will be too close for in boat pics but it will blow your mind for on the water shots. The nifty fifty is a great little lens for all photos. I keep all my stuff in my Lowepro FastTrack 250 bag .
          "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
          "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

evilOne nailed it.

There is nothing wrong with Sony, Pentax, etc. They take great photos. However, the availability of lenses, accessories, etc. for Nikon and Canon is a major reason I would recommend sticking with either brand. I own both brands. Both are excellent and you can't really go wrong. Go to a camera shop, hold them and see which feels better and the controls seem more intuitive to use.

For lenses, the 18-200mm (and similar range) is a great all-purpose lens for shooting during daylight. The 50mm is about $100 (Canon & Nikon) and is one of the best bangs for the buck as far as lenses go - inexpensive and tack sharp.

The 70-200mm f/2.8 IS is probably more $$$ than you are willing to spend at this point so I wouldn't worry about unless you find yourself getting into photography more.

I use a similar bag - Lowepro SlingShot 300 AW Backpack for camera with zoom lens

This bag is bigger than I would like to carry but I have the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS lens and it is a tank to haul around!

Good Luck!

Comment

thanks for ya'll input im go look at them and talk with someone who is deff more knownledgeable in that field and deff check into the canon and nikon and see what fits me best.... thanks for advice

Comment

I have a Nikon D-90 and I love it!!! I can also do video on mine.

Comment

I currently have an older Canon Rebel (XT i believe). I'm wanting to "upgrade" to the new T2i...as I'd like the video capability as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X