2008 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 22ve

Hello everyone! I am a new Tige owner! As I just brought the boat home today, I made a list of things I needed to do to the boat to make it lake ready. It is as follows:

FAE - Bought this evening
    Steering Cable - I found the serial number. Would you suggest doing the replacement yourself, or have a mechanic do it?
    gator/seadek on walk through and Transom storage cubbies
    E-series Tower bolt handle.

NOW! My problem is trying to find gatorstep and tower replacement parts. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also! while searching for parts for a 2008 22ve literally nothing comes up! 2006-2007 and 2009 pulls up, but 2008 does not! Does anyone know what the deal is?

Thank you for all the future advice and I cannot wait to get on the water with the boat!

Steering cable- I have done mine twice. It takes a couple of hours. Tower bolt handle-The chrome plated ones are hard to find, if that is what you need. I think I found them several years ago, but I remember them as being stupid expensive.
    If they don't have to be chrome, Grainger or McMaster Carr has them.

Comment

ern Thanks! Reading a few of the discussions on here, the steering cable seems very doable. and yeah it doesnt have to be the chrome handles. I'll just put it somewhere not directly in people's view!

Comment

Welcome to the Tige family and forum. You will find a wealth of information here and a lot of help from the members. When you get time post so pics. We all love to see pics and videos here. If you are mechanically inclined most things you con do it yourself. By the time you replace that cable you will have pulled the center floor panel up and will have greater access to the trans and v-drive. While you are there change your fluids. There is not any difference in the years you stated. Usually the tower and engine combos are the main difference. The hulls and most of the inside are the same in those years. Do you have a ballast system? You will love the FAE. Easy install. Do you have to fold the tower down regularly? If not a simple bolt will work. Use an antisease due to the aluminum and steel incompatibility. Do not be afraid to ask questions.
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Originally posted by Wakeman22 View Post
          Welcome to the Tige family and forum. You will find a wealth of information here and a lot of help from the members. When you get time post so pics. We all love to see pics and videos here. If you are mechanically inclined most things you con do it yourself. By the time you replace that cable you will have pulled the center floor panel up and will have greater access to the trans and v-drive. While you are there change your fluids. There is not any difference in the years you stated. Usually the tower and engine combos are the main difference. The hulls and most of the inside are the same in those years. Do you have a ballast system? You will love the FAE. Easy install. Do you have to fold the tower down regularly? If not a simple bolt will work. Use an antisease due to the aluminum and steel incompatibility. Do not be afraid to ask questions.
          Thank you for your response! and thank you for the welcome! Yeah i am thinking I will be installing the steering cable myself and it actually looks like it was replaced before, so hopefully that'll be a quick swap. I am pretty good on working on engines, I just don't work on boat engines, I prefer having a boat mechanic do that part for the fear I may be stranded on the lake if I miss something! hahaha! It does have the stock ballast in the boat as well as the front 'U' FatSac in the front. I do have to put the tower down to put it in storage so that's the bad part of it. I found that the bolt is 9mm so I just got to track one down, maybe use the current bolt and do some redneck engineering done to it to be useable. and that's good that the boat should be close to the same as the other years, bc I will need a custom cover for it. It's not really a big need right now, however, I would like one for those over night stays at the lake or in transit. Would anyone have any idea where the best place would be to buy one of the custom covers? That'll be much appreciated!

Comment

For the tower bolt, check McMasters (https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/socket-head-screws/)

For the cover, I used https://www.coveranything.com/boat-c...e-22-ve-639017 (below is the cover for a 22i that I ordered)

IMG_2079.jpg

Comment

FAE - Fairly straight forward install and a great addition
              Steering Cable - Yes, you can do this yourself if somewhat mechanically inclined.
              Gatorstep - Go direct to gatorstep. I ordered Ultradeck which is a local Canadian company and from what I can see the only one that currently does a full rear step pad and not just the three hatch panels. One of the best upgrades I've done so far!!

If you plan on surfing which the boat and do very well with lots of weight you'll want to upgrade your prop. An Acme 1235 is common for sea level as well as there are other options. I can't remember all the numbers so I'm not going to guess.

Another great resource: https://www.facebook.com/groups/150526335062185

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                FAE - Fairly straight forward install and a great addition
                Steering Cable - Yes, you can do this yourself if somewhat mechanically inclined.
                Gatorstep - Go direct to gatorstep. I ordered Ultradeck which is a local Canadian company and from what I can see the only one that currently does a full rear step pad and not just the three hatch panels. One of the best upgrades I've done so far!!

If you plan on surfing which the boat and do very well with lots of weight you'll want to upgrade your prop. An Acme 1235 is common for sea level as well as there are other options. I can't remember all the numbers so I'm not going to guess.

Another great resource: https://www.facebook.com/groups/150526335062185
                Right on! I'm not really an experienced "surfer" but i do have the wakeshaper, wakesurf shaper Blade 138, other than that is all I know about it. i'll more than likely wakeboard more than surf for now until i get more experienced and know what i like to surf. luckily i have a buddy thats deep into wake surfing so he's going to let me use his equipment to find out what i like. And i am on that facebook group! right now im just lurking. lol Im actually the guy who got in an arguement about tow capacity a couple of weeks ago... hahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by mikemcclain8 View Post
                  For the tower bolt, check McMasters (https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/socket-head-screws/)

For the cover, I used https://www.coveranything.com/boat-c...e-22-ve-639017 (below is the cover for a 22i that I ordered)

[ATTACH=JSON]**"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"IMG_2079.jpg","data-attachmentid":1255043}[/ATTACH]
                  Right on man, i found the bolt i needed! took some investigating to find the bolt size and thread count! 3/8-16 for everyone who needs one. How does that cover ride while in tow?

Comment

I don't tow with the cover on so I don't know but I would imagine it's fine as it's really snug. Only drawback to me is that it goes over the swim platform and I remove my platform in the winter to fit in my garage so the fit isn't tight. Glad you found the bolt. If you ever need to retap the tower threads, I used this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Working...
                    X