Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deck treatments

Ok, what do you like and works well?

Treated wood deck. I like the look of the wood, so not looking to "paint". Dont mind a little tint, but some crap I tried a number of years back was more orange then a deep wood stain color.

Whatever that gel-like chit that Thompson offers now, sux. Tried it last time and it was more gel then like older stuff that was more oil based. Had to spread the gel with brushes and rollers as opposed to the older oil-based that I could spray on with a pump up garden sprayer. The newer Thompson stuff didnt last but a few months and you couldnt tell the deck had been treated.

What you say? TIA.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

No personal experience. I know that's what you are looking for. Most people here use Trex.
    This product looks interesting?
    https://www.amazon.com/Seal-Once-761...ct_top?ie=UTF8
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

with team, my last few decks were trex but prior to that we always used behr stain. pretty good stuff that lasted maybe 2 years and then strip and redo.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

If I ever rebuild this deck, it would certainly be done using a synthetic wood like trex. For now, its in good shape, just in need of a pressure washing and treatment.

Right now, its between a Cabot and a Behr stain/sealer. Both I can get local.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I’ve never used on a deck, but I’ve used this on fences with good success ~8yrs...I just use a hand pump chemical sprayer and soak it, then roll it to smooth out and remove runs. This is a stain, but they make a similar product without the color.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-5-g...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going with a Behr as its an oil v's the Cabot which is a water based.

Comment

Working...
            X