Help removing vocals from an MP3 file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help removing vocals from an MP3 file

I am trying to take the lyrics/vocals out of the Super Bowl Shuffle. I have tried everything from Audactiy to any other program on the internet.
    Can any of the great TO memebers help me out?!
    This is something that I am trying to do for work and by no means am I a audio engineer.

Thank you in advance!
    "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Without original multi-track recordings it can be impossible.

Something to try: Search for a trial download of WAVEPAD audio editing software. Install it in your PC. Your file you are trying to midify needs to be stereo. When opened it will show up in WAVEPAD as two different waveforms, side-by side. You can invert phase of one, thereby causing all center-channel common-mode information to cancel out.

Then you can copy either the left wave, or the right wave, and then click on the other and use MIX PASTE to create a new monaural audio file. This will remove vocals on many stereo recordings, but it also removes all commmon-mode center channel info, so on some songs, it removes a lot of information, leaving it sounding like the output of your surround speakers in your home theater setup, (this is how the real channels are decoded lots of times...) Unfortunately, audio systems don't differentiate between vocal and instrument info, all sounds are part of a single complex waveform, so vocal differentiation is extremely difficult.

I doubt the results will be very good for you, but it is the best method I know of to remove vocals, without using a very pro software like I have in my studio, where we can use bandwidth limiting and other tools to minimize the amount of info removed....
    It's not an optical illusion.
    It just looks like one.....

Comment

Working...
    X