Whats the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the difference?

One of my buds is looking at a couple Tiges. What's the difference between a 22V and a 22ve?

He is actually looking at a 2006 22V riders edition and a 2004 24Ve...just curious. Both private sales so the owners didn't know...

The 2004 can not be a Ve series. that would only be a 24V. Ve wasn't built until 2006.

Convex2 hull and Taps2 was the Ve series.

Comment

whoops...I got the V and Ve backwards. thanks bell...the 2006 is a Ve and the 2004 is a V

Comment

The Ve had a new hull, new windshield design and the transom activity center as far as I know.

Comment

there is also a 2005 22v Riders Edition...this boat wouldn't have taps 2 or convex v? Kind of tough getting straight answers out of some owners without going to look. Also some of the dealers he has been dealing with aren't really tournament boat dealers...let alone tige dealers.

Comment

Tige started using Convex hulls in 03. TAPS has been around awhile just dont know what year they started, prior to 03.
            The V and the Ve have a different transom look. On the Ve it has a walk way into the cockpit and 3 storage compartments with a great seating area for chilling or getting in your board. The V was more of a transition from the rear cushioned hatches to an angled transom then the swim platform, it made it harder to sit and get in your board but you get used to it.
            And as Timmy! said new winshield , different hull/more convex, I think the dash is a little different, different tower, etc.

Also concerning Riders vs. Limited. In 2003ish To keep things simple Tige made two trim models... The Riders Edition and the Limited Edition. Basically they were sticker options, each boat could be built with any options available (just like today), except you picked the wilder Riders style sticker or the tamer Limited style stickers. I think they started to get away from this idea in 05. I guess people wanted more options and today you can pick between several different designs.
            Last edited by brett22i; 03-31-2010, 04:50 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

The V series didn't have the Convex2 and Taps2 technology. I think they did have the original Convex and Taps technology.

The Convex2 and Taps2 technology created a "rocker" in the hull which it allows for the hull to site further into the water when the Taps2 plate is up. The original technology did this also but it was as drastic as the new technology.

Comment

thanks guys, could be a simple typo as well. They made both the V and Ve at the same time? Funny they didn't just switch at a certain point...My 2003 21i Ltd. has the taps 2 and convex v hull...

Comment

Originally posted by brett22i View Post
                  Tige started using Convex hulls in 03. TAPS has been around awhile just dont know what year they started, prior to 03.
                  The V and the Ve have a different transom look. On the Ve it has a walk way into the cockpit and 3 storage compartments with a great seating area for chilling or getting in your board. The V was more of a transition from the rear cushioned hatches to an angled transom then the swim platform, it made it harder to sit and get in your board but you get used to it.
                  And as Timmy! said new winshield , different hull/more convex, I think the dash is a little different, different tower, etc.

Also concerning Riders vs. Limited. In 2003ish To keep things simple Tige made two trim models... The Riders Edition and the Limited Edition. Basically they were sticker options, each boat could be built with any options available (just like today), except you picked the wilder Riders style sticker or the tamer Limited style stickers. I think they started to get away from this idea in 05. I guess people wanted more options and today you can pick between several different designs.
                  I was aware of the stickering options between the riders and ltd. I was just curious about the V and Ve. When you guys said it was the taps 2 and convex hull it just seemed a little strange that they would have a 2005 V instead of a Ve...if the technology was that much farther along. That is why I was thinking the 2005 may be a typo...I will make a phone call and find out. Thanks for the input guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                    thanks guys, could be a simple typo as well. They made both the V and Ve at the same time? Funny they didn't just switch at a certain point...My 2003 21i Ltd. has the taps 2 and convex v hull...
                    2006 was the only year that they overlapped the V and Ve series. In 2007, they no longer made the V series and only made the Ve series.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                      I was aware of the stickering options between the riders and ltd. I was just curious about the V and Ve. When you guys said it was the taps 2 and convex hull it just seemed a little strange that they would have a 2005 V instead of a Ve...if the technology was that much farther along. That is why I was thinking the 2005 may be a typo...I will make a phone call and find out. Thanks for the input guys...
                      That is a typo for sure. I am 110% it is....

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                        2006 was the only year that they overlapped the V and Ve series. In 2007, they no longer made the V series and only made the Ve series.
                        Gotcha...

Comment

Everybody on here knows their Tiges, but I will make one slight correction- the Taps2 officially came out in '04, I just rechecked the brochures. They often made some changes mid-year, like the change away from wood was near the end of the '03 model year. I know some '03s may have had the Taps2 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Paublo View Post
                            Everybody on here knows their Tiges, but I will make one slight correction- the Taps2 officially came out in '04, I just rechecked the brochures. They often made some changes mid-year, like the change away from wood was near the end of the '03 model year. I know some '03s may have had the Taps2 too.
                            Not too sure Paublo...mine has the taps2 badge...and it is an 03. I have all the original paperwork from the dealer too...stating the same. As well as the convex v hull. I must have got a later on in the year one. I am glad of that, I didn't know all this before I bought mine...kind of lucked out I guess.

Comment

Working...
                            X