THE STIMULUS AT WORK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE STIMULUS AT WORK.

Some have said that the stimulus hasn't saved any jobs, but here is a case where at least one job was saved.

Oregon State University Athletic Director Bob DeCarolis was considering firing their basketball coach, Craig Robinson, after an 8-11 start (2-5 in the Pac 10 conference).

When word of this reached Washington , Undersecretary of Education Martha Kanter was dispatched to Corvallis with $17 million in stimulus money for the university.

Craig Robinson's job is safe for this year.

For those of you unfamiliar with Coach Robinson, he just so happens to be Michelle Obama's brother.

Just a coincidence I'm sure!
    Attached Files
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Washington, D.C. an old priest lay dying in the hospital. For years he had faithfully served the people of the nation's capital. He motioned for his nurse to come near.

"Yes, Father?" said the nurse.

"I would really like to see President Obama and Speaker Pelosi before I die", whispered the priest.

"I'll see what I can do, Father", replied the nurse.

The nurse sent the request to The President and Congress and waited for a response. Soon the word arrived; President Obama and Nancy Pelosi would be delighted to visit the priest.

As they went to the hospital, Obama commented to Pelosi, "I don't know why the old priest wants to see us, but it will certainly help our images and might even get me re-elected. After all, I'm IN IT TO WIN."

Pelosi agreed that it was a good thing.

When they arrived at the priest's room, the priest took Obama's hand in his right hand and Pelosi's hand in hisleft hand. There was silence and a look of serenity on the old priest's face.

Finally President Obama spoke. "Father, of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"

The old priest slowly replied, "I have always tried to pattern my life after our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

"Amen", said Obama.

"Amen", said Pelosi.

The old priest continued, "Jesus died between two lying thieves; I would like to do the same."

Let the jokes begin...

Comment

LOL, YES!
      Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

Joe Biden said that the Republicans have stated that the stimulus plan has not created one job then he said "tell that to Senator Scott Brown". That was for real, it was a comedy routine that he did a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
          Joe Biden said that the Republicans have stated that the stimulus plan has not created one job then he said "tell that to Senator Scott Brown". That was for real, it was a comedy routine that he did a couple of weeks ago.
          Unfortunately, that wasn't the kind of "job" the Dems had planned on creating
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The only thing they are "stimulating" is themselves. These thieves should all be taken out and publicly hanged...
            Biggest lake addict on the planet

Comment

Working...
            X