Google Nexus One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Nexus One

I know we have a lot of Iphone users here, but has anyone picked up a Google Nexus One phone? Certainly not trying to start a comparison test (there's enough of that gibberish all over the net already); I am just not a fan of the Ipod or the way that Apple keeps me from doing things I would like to do. The Iphone is a great product; I just think the Nexus One may be better for me. Anyone?

I am debating on the N1 also but think I would be better off with the HTC Supersonic. More information to come but as of now...

1Ghz Snapdragon processor
    4.3 inch screen
    Android 2.1

Comment

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/h...perphone-armo/

Comment

Originally posted by Weil Thing View Post
        I know we have a lot of Iphone users here, but has anyone picked up a Google Nexus One phone? Certainly not trying to start a comparison test (there's enough of that gibberish all over the net already); I am just not a fan of the Ipod or the way that Apple keeps me from doing things I would like to do. The Iphone is a great product; I just think the Nexus One may be better for me. Anyone?
        My co-worker recently got one. It is very cool. I don't know is he has had it long enough to give a decent review yet.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and we will try to get answers for you.

I am seriously debating getting one. I just need to see if we can integrate our work email and I'm a go!

Comment

da.bell, that Supersonic is awesome! I may have to look into converting to a Sprint customer!

PigDog, there are a couple programs that get good reviews for synching Outlook applications, TouchDown and...I can't remember the others Apparently the mail is not that difficult to synch; the calendar can be. And there are workarounds, if the spirit is willing

Comment

If you can utilize gmail for your contacts, emails, and calendar events, then any switch to the Andriod OS would be very, very easy. Some business' use google email services for their "cloud" computing and that should sync up very easily. However, I do have a Windows Mobile phone now and have easy access to the MS Exchange server but from what I am reading, Andriod isn't there yet but will be available in the near future or a application that you install.

The Andriod OS is a very open and encourages the public to create applications for it. They even guide you thought the entire ordeal with video's posted on YouTube. Apple does this also but since every application has to go though the "Apple Application Touch" to make sure that it runs correctly on the phone and by their rules, this slows the entire process up. However, Android allows their developers to create and then push out to the public. So, you are not entirely sure of what you are getting and probably the main reason why you should stay on the Andriod Marketplace site. That reduces the chance of a virus on you smartphone. So, it's two different approaches with the same results. One is faster than the other but not necessarily one is better than the other.

In the coming months, you will find out that Andriod will have tons and tons of new applications. Google is almost pounding this idea and approach down the thoats of programmers and they have the money to advertise.

Comment

Originally posted by Weil Thing View Post
              da.bell, that Supersonic is awesome! I may have to look into converting to a Sprint customer!

PigDog, there are a couple programs that get good reviews for synching Outlook applications, TouchDown and...I can't remember the others Apparently the mail is not that difficult to synch; the calendar can be. And there are workarounds, if the spirit is willing
              Unfortunately, we are using Lotus Notes for our corporate email. There are some apps that do this and our.mail team is evaluating some now.

Comment

My brother works for Google and has an N1 and loves everything about it except for the fact that he's on AT&T and can't get 3G on AT&T. He also has an iPhone that he switches to when he's on call due to the overwhelming amount of emails that he gets and the N1 without 3G can't keep up for some reason.

Comment

I'm waiting for the Verizon version.
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Well, guys, I got it, and it ROCKS! Keep in mind, this is my first smartphone, but D@MN!! I love the voice to text conversion for texting or emailing while driving down the road. And the pictures!! Ease of use...I am having some fun now

Comment

You will like that phone for sure. The good part about that phone is when updates do role out from Google, you are going to have the ability to install them without your carrier playing the middleman.

Later this year, Froyo will be out for Android and that is when the other phones that are running Android will also have the same feature as your N1.

Congrats and now go visit the Android market for some sweet applications.

Comment

Dabell - I have a droid and use an app called "Touchdown" to give me full access to our corp MS Exchange server. If you wanted to move to an android phone, touchdown would be worth looking at>

Comment

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind.

Comment

< 25 days until the phone is on the Sprint network rumored

Comment

Working...
                            X