Phone Hacks - Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Hacks - Need some help

So I unlocked my i8000L the other day, and changed my Access Point and MMS settings to my service provider's settings. I've done the exact same procedure on other phones before and never had an issue. Since I changed the settings, I can't get the WinMo Marketplace or the Accuweather widget that came with the phone to connect. Facebook, Myspace and other programs connect no problem. Now I know this phone had some NHL widget that was tied directly to Bell's service and therefore it couldn't connect (I just deleted that program). So I was wondering are the Accuweather and Marketplace programs tied directly to the Bell network? I can click the accuweather logo and get it to connect to the accuweather website.... but the widget won't update to tell me the current temp. The webpage will tell me all the info, but the widget won't anymore. But here's the real confusing part.... Before I unlocked the phone, I could ALWAYS use wireless and get the accuweather and Marketplace to connect, even without a Bell simcard. Now that I changed the settings, they won't even connect with wireless. Any ideas?
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Good luck.....

sorry I got nothing
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks G-money! I knew I could count on you! Geez.... you guys really are lost w/o your PW thread huh? LOL
      Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Any way you can delete those apps and reinstall them?

-Mike
        Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Nope, not w/o digging DEEP into the ROM, and I haven't dumped it yet. So I don't have a back-up (that'll be done shortly when I start digging into the ROM to open up some RAM.

All that being said, I got them working! YAYYYY me!

Comment

Congrats!
            Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

Working...
            X