Apple Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Users?

Are there any other Mac users out there? I love the new Tiger! I have a G4 Mirror door Dual 1.25. I want to upgrade my Final Cut Pro. I have heard of a coupon e-mailed from Apple for $30 off $300. If anyone has one and is not planning on using it please PM me since they seem to be a one time use code.

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

I guess there are not to many Apple/Tige combo users out there. Here is a picture of my son's laptop anyway.
    Attached Files

Comment

TeamAllen-Sorry I didn't see this post sooner! I'm a hardcore Mac user. I'm glad to see this post. I like your son's pismo, which reminds me that I have to hit my dealer up for some stickers. Sorry I couln't help with the Final Cut coupon, I'll keep my eye's peeled though. I can't wait to get Tiger on my work machine I've only played with it at the local Apple Store.

Comment

Glad to see you're into Macs too. My kids went to Apple Camp at our local Apple Store. They worked with imovie, iphoto and garageband. You can never have enough stickers.

Comment

That's great! Start them out young. I've spent some serious time playing with Garageband. I use both Mac and PC platforms at work but prefer the Mac. I have a Powerbook 1.25 at home. At work I use a dual 2.0 G5. I hope to make the time to learn Final Cut by the end of the year.

Now that I notice your location the sticker thing is funny. I went to school in both San Diego and L.A. and everybody I knew put stickers on everything. I guess I picked it up because I want to sticker things up, however, my future wife would rather I didn't.

Comment

Yeah, they call it tagging. At least that's when you do it on things that aren't yours. When it's on your own stuff it's called personalizing. There is a small chain called Wahoo's Fish Tacos that has a surf culture/theme in each of it's locations. The wall's windows, chairs, basically everything has stickers plastered all over the place. The food is incredible! The stickers just make it cool.

That is some serious firepower withe the dual G5. I'm envious. You must be doing some serios graphics or something. Congratulations on the upcoming marriage!

Comment

Thanks for the congrats. The marriage will be great, the wedding on the other hand...lets just say it's turning in to more work than necessary. We should have eloped.

Comment

Have you tried the new Mighty Mouse, Apple came out with. I tried it last weekend, and didn't like it. It would take some getting used too. It had great features but the scroll wheel was small and the right clck was awkward as well.

Comment

No, I was looking at it though. I haven't been to the local Apple Store yet to try it. That's good advice because I was going to buy one sight unseen for everyone in my department. At home I'm using a Microsoft (*%@%*$@) bluetooth mouse. It's nice and heavy, the scroll wheel is nice but I can't get all of the buttons to work. It's still pretty good though.

Comment

Although I'm not a hard-core Mac person, I still have my signature case Mac SE tucked away for safe keeping, maybe it'll be worth something someday! If you not familiar with the signature case, a select amount of Mac SE's and SE 30's featured the signatures of the Apple employee's molded into the inside cover, including Steve Job and Steve Wozniak.
                    If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives.

Comment

I've never heard of a Mac SE before your post. I'm sure it is worth something now. The amazing thing is I'm sure if you dug it out, it would fire up and actually work.

wellhydrated,
                      You might want to buy just one mighty mouse first. The cool things about it were the programable buttons for dashboard and the scroll right to left as well as up and down. It just was different. Not the usual Apple must have item. (IMO)

Comment

Working...
                      X