Apple iPad discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple iPad discussion

So after it was announced that it's out what does everyone think?

I'm looking for opinions as I plan on getting one but still like to see what people here/think about it.

I know Zad doesn't like it...

let the idea's/thoughts roll!
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

I bet Ragboy already has 3....

Look's cool but I don't have a real need for it. If someone did get me one I'm sure I would never put it down.
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
      I bet Ragboy already has 3....

Look's cool but I don't have a real need for it. If someone did get me one I'm sure I would never put it down.
      they are not out yet....

I want one so when I travel I don't have to haul the laptop around. Everything I need when I travel can be done on the iPhone, but it's jsut a bit slow, and the screen is small. The iPad is supposed to be MUCH faster and I can also read my magazines. that is what is some selling points to me.

Comment

I will probably get one in a year or two. I love being the first to have cool stuff but I think the ipad will get better with time just like the iphone and ipods. Just look at what happened to the iphone - Apple introduced it then 6 months later dropped the price and offered better features. I think the same will happen with the ipad.
        The screen is a back lit LCD which is hard on the eyes while reading - I could see that changing, a MS office package would make it better for work (I guess MS has one now or shortly for the iphone) and the most important to me is the network. 3G networks are failing all over the nation due to the sudden increase of smartphones/devices bogging down the networks. I have friends that can't use their iphones in Minneapolis because the network is sketchy at best.
        I will have one in a year or two. I will let everyone work the bugs out first.
        "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
          I want one so when I travel I don't have to haul the laptop around. Everything I need when I travel can be done on the iPhone, but it's jsut a bit slow, and the screen is small. The iPad is supposed to be MUCH faster and I can also read my magazines. that is what is some selling points to me.
          That's the selling point to me as well. You have the internet wherever you go (provided AT&T has service ), no need to pay for the hotel wireless, etc. The biggest disappointment to me was the fact that it still doesn't have multi-tasking from the sounds of it so you are still stuck with only doing one thing at a time.

Comment

[QUOTE=Timmy!; (provided AT&T has service

The biggest disappointment to me was the fact that it still doesn't have multi-tasking from the sounds of it so you are still stuck with only doing one thing at a time.[/QUOTE]

Can you here me know?... Good.

BTW the AT&T commercial about you can't talk on surf at same with version is BS you can do it on the Droid.
            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Yup, you know my feelings.
              Common Sense is not so Common
              Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

They idiot that came up with the name of it should be fired.

This will probably be a hit since Apple and the advertising division will make sure of it.

But again, there is nothing wrong with a iPod Touch on steroids!

You won't see me buying it. I've had enough of Apple and their stupid touch screens going out and becoming non-functional after the warranty time expires.

Comment

yeah not being able to mutitask is pissing me off, so maybe I will wait... IDK have some time to think about it

Comment

I like it its a perfect breed of two things I really wanted. I have been wanting a Nook or a Kindle but dont like the fact that it doesnt have a color screen and doesn't have a web browser. With the iPad this seals the deal for me it has a browser, wifi and the reader in a light and thin package. Everything else is a bonus.

But the device is for a specific use. For example I have a laptop, desktop, iPhone and iPod shuffle but use each of those for a specific use or environment. The laptop and iPhone is just used for browsing, calls, email, video, etc. The shuffle is used for working out which can also be achieved with the iPhone. My desktop is for doing primarily most of my work but the the trade off is larger screen faster processor, ram etc. I could do the same with the laptop but not as easy and fast. So my point is each device is tailored for a certain use. For me and my wife we do a lot of reading online and currently use a laptop which is too big and the iPhone is too small. This is where I think the iPad fits, for me at least.

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                    You won't see me buying it. I've had enough of Apple and their stupid touch screens going out and becoming non-functional after the warranty time expires.
                    Hmm...never heard of that before. I have a 1st generation iPhone that is over 2 years old with a cracked screen (dropped it off the back of the boat) and it still works like the day I bought it. Must just be a random pick of the litter.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
                      Hmm...never heard of that before. I have a 1st generation iPhone that is over 2 years old with a cracked screen (dropped it off the back of the boat) and it still works like the day I bought it. Must just be a random pick of the litter.
                      I need to send it back to Apple to have the screen replace per Apple. I performed all the resets, updates, and such and the screen just doesn't recognize my gestures. So, it'a busted.

My son't Nano isn't functioning but that was probably because he decided to send it through the water twice and then fell on it a few more times. What can I say? He's a clumsy 11 year old

My smartphone has taken a beating and continues to work. The good thing is that the phone is not an iPhone.

Comment

I need to send it back to Apple to have the screen replace per Apple. I performed all the resets, updates, and such and the screen just doesn't recognize my gestures. So, it'a busted.
                        Check your pulse
                        Common Sense is not so Common
                        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

My pulse is okay. The dang screen doesn't recognize the touches that I make to navigate the menus......

Comment

I'll get one. I was planning on getting the larger Kindle which cost almost $500...but only does books (I know that battery lasts longer on the Kindle). So it's really a no brainer that I can get everything the iPad does for not much more than the Kindle.

Also, I admittedly love gadgets and that is one awesome device. I know it will improve in the 2nd generation, but I'm OK with that. I'll just pass the 1st gen down to one of my kids and pick up the newest generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
                              I like it its a perfect breed of two things I really wanted. I have been wanting a Nook or a Kindle but dont like the fact that it doesnt have a color screen and doesn't have a web browser. With the iPad this seals the deal for me it has a browser, wifi and the reader in a light and thin package. Everything else is a bonus.

But the device is for a specific use. For example I have a laptop, desktop, iPhone and iPod shuffle but use each of those for a specific use or environment. The laptop and iPhone is just used for browsing, calls, email, video, etc. The shuffle is used for working out which can also be achieved with the iPhone. My desktop is for doing primarily most of my work but the the trade off is larger screen faster processor, ram etc. I could do the same with the laptop but not as easy and fast. So my point is each device is tailored for a certain use. For me and my wife we do a lot of reading online and currently use a laptop which is too big and the iPhone is too small. This is where I think the iPad fits, for me at least.

Good valid points and I feel the same way about this new device. Think it's a great fit for what I'm looking for.

My son't Nano isn't functioning but that was probably because he decided to send it through the water twice and then fell on it a few more times. What can I say? He's a clumsy 11 year old

My smartphone has taken a beating and continues to work. The good thing is that the phone is not an iPhone.
                              Yeah you should for sure get the screen fixed... (you can do it yourself too....)

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                              Check your pulse
                              LOL!

Originally posted by Guapo View Post
                              I'll get one. I was planning on getting the larger Kindle which cost almost $500...but only does books (I know that battery lasts longer on the Kindle). So it's really a no brainer that I can get everything the iPad does for not much more than the Kindle.

Also, I admittedly love gadgets and that is one awesome device. I know it will improve in the 2nd generation, but I'm OK with that. I'll just pass the 1st gen down to one of my kids and pick up the newest generation.
                              I like gadgets too, and really think this will mesh with what I'm looking for. 10 hr battery life isn't that bad IMO. (Longer then any laptop you will see )

Comment

Working...
                              X