Jailbreaking an iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jailbreaking an iPhone

I know this has been brought up before, but if you have not done it i HIGHLY RECOMMEND www.blackra1n.com it's just a matter of DL and pressing the button.

After that DL cydia and winterboard. It's great what you can do and what not. everything is customable now!!

OK, ttyl
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

What does this mean, jailbreaking?

Comment

Originally posted by tigepigeon View Post
      What does this mean, jailbreaking?
      It's the process by which you install a patch to the ipod/iphone firmware, which allows you to install 3rd party apps. With the jailbreak you can use your iphone with another carrier or install backgrouns, themes, and other small hacks.
      Common Sense is not so Common
      Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

you have to still unlock it to use it on other carriers, but jailbreaking is the first thing.

tigepigeon,

it allows a lot more free reign of items and what not. For example I can now make my text message sound something different, have my email a different sound, change the icons that are standard to what I want. I can use my phone as a broadband card now so I don't have to buy a card, also I can use the camera as a video now (I just have the 3g, not 3gs). Hope this helps.

Comment

sorry need to watch this...

Comment

Now if only they'll put in a damn 5mp camera! Doubtful though! LOL
            Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

My son did his so he could load a video camera app. That's probably the most useful app.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Welcome to 2007 .
                "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
                  Welcome to 2007 .
                  . Ha!
                  "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Working...
                  X