iTunes/iPod genius'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes/iPod genius'

We got our son a iTouch for xmas. He currently has a Nano, I would like to transfer all his music from his nano to the touch easily. Is there a easy way to do this by creating a temp folder in iTunes to put the music in from the nano and then into the touch?
    I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Originally posted by rushin View Post
    We got our son a iTouch for xmas. He currently has a Nano, I would like to transfer all his music from his nano to the touch easily. Is there a easy way to do this by creating a temp folder in iTunes to put the music in from the nano and then into the touch?
    What computer does he use to sync the Nano? If he uses the same one, it will just load all of the music onto the Touch. You can have as many devices as you want, you're just limited on the number of computers your iTunes account will support.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Does the nano currently sync to all the music in the library? Do you want the touch to sync to all the music in the library?
      Common Sense is not so Common
      Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Do you want the touch to sync to all the music in the library?
        No. Just what he has selected from the library that is on his Nano.
        I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Originally posted by rushin View Post
          No. Just what he has selected from the library that is on his Nano.
          If that's the case, then he probably has some playlists and is only sync'ing those. Just needs to set up the Touch the same way.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Yeah, plug the nano in and check the sync settings, then unplug and plug in the touch. Set the sync settings the same way. There are other ways to do it, but that's the easiest.

I've got different playlists on my iPod, iPhone, and my shuffle. The iPod has all my music on it though.
            "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
              Yeah, plug the nano in and check the sync settings, then unplug and plug in the touch. Set the sync settings the same way. There are other ways to do it, but that's the easiest.

I've got different playlists on my iPod, iPhone, and my shuffle. The iPod has all my music on it though.
              x2...good advice.

Comment

Working...
              X