World series....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World series....

Any one watching? These are not my teams, got a buddy who is diehard philli fan though. That Yankees line up is stacked..
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

GO ANGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Not my teams either, but I love any baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
        GO ANGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        gooooooooooooo dodgers

oh wait there at home 2

Comment

I dont miss any baseball.

But even if my Halos won I think the Phills would have been too tough to beat.

Cliff Lee is a stud!!!!!
          Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

The Yankees line up is stacked??? I am not sure what you are looking at to come to that conclusion. Take a look at the records that the Phillies hold. There is no better hitting line up - all the way through the line up - in Baseball.

I'd suggest that this Phillies team win or lose is about as good as it gets. Anything to the left side is an out. Anything in the Outfield with Ibanez speed and Werth's arm is held to no more than a double. Ruiz behind the plate throws guys out from the crouch... and the list goes on....... and on.

And yes, Lee showed why he is the best pitcher on the mound. He made the Yankees line up look like my kid's little league. 10Ks and no walks. That is unprecented stuff.

Last edited by jwanck11; 10-29-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Based on last nights game (and the NLCS against the Dodgers ), I'm thinking that the Phillies win this in no more than 5 games.

Comment

I'm coming more from a "names I know" standpoint. And that they make 200 million a year.

Cliff lee was pretty amazing, he looked like a little kid playing. Cc pitched pretty well too.

This is the most baseball I've watched all year.
                "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

philly in 5 is my bet. Yanks got the names and the payroll, but the phillies got heart and...........(a few good bats), plus a nice bullpen. Having no dog in this fight, I pick Philly to win in 5

Comment

Originally posted by LovinPowell View Post
                    Based on last nights game (and the NLCS against the Dodgers ), I'm thinking that the Phillies win this in no more than 5 games.
                    Did I say Phillies in 5? Stupid me, I meant Yankees in 5.

Comment

Originally posted by LovinPowell View Post
                      Did I say Phillies in 5? Stupid me, I meant Yankees in 5.
                      I will take the Phillies in 9.....
                      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

BTW A-Rod it a little B!tch.

Ya it's obvious they are trying to pitch you inside, not hit you. Quit crying.

Comment

not lookin good......damn yankees
                          "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

The Fighting Phils are against the wall for sure, but they have heart. Man I hope Ryan shows up tonight! Lee gave us another amazing outing. It really is too bad that Hamels went soft - albeit understandable given his MVP status... Should be an exicting game nonetheless.

Comment

GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!
                              "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Working...
                              X