Nabors 14 rig fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nabors 14 rig fire

Thought you guys might want to check out what happens when they hit surface gas at 500 feet befor the blow out preventers were on...that drilling rig is a double (or was)...so the flame is about 300'...at least.
    Attached Files

Holy crap! How did they get it put out? Do they have to set off an explosion to put it out?

Comment

They cap it

Those are some incredible flames. I remember the first Gulf War where Saddam decided to "light" up the skys with oil being burned from the wells. Could see the glow 90 miles away.

Comment

no it was a small pocket of surface gas so they let it burn out...nobody was hurt on this one. I was at one almost exactly the same about 5 years ago (we were building the pipeline from it) and we had to pull a 40000 gallon fuel tank out from under it with a dozer while the rig was burning...probably as close as I will ever get to anything like the gulf...I can't imagine what that was like.

Comment

HOLY SH@#$%T da.bell...I just noticed you have over 28000 posts...thats...impressive
          Last edited by Shamus; 10-14-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

wow that's impressive!
            Originally posted by G-MONEY
            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Ya, and ^^^ had 31k+

Comment

lol da bell

Originally posted by G-MONEY
                It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

yeah...yeah

Comment

HELL FIRE
                    Formertigeowners.com
                    I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

One of my good buddies that works for Nabors was telling me bout this on their safety videos or sumtim.

Here's more pics of the same stuff if you guys are interested!

http://www.canadian-wellsite.com/Gallery/BFM.htm
                      Last edited by Tanner; 10-19-2009, 04:14 AM.
                      Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Working...
                      X