Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Economics

Mule - Check this out.

Sven & Ole saw an ad in the Starkville Daily News Newspaper in Starkville, MS. and bought a mule for $100.

The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day.

The next morning the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, fellows, I have some bad news, the mule died last night."

Sven & Ole replied, "Vell, den yust give us our money back."

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

They said, "OK den, just bring us the dead mule."

The farmer asked, "What in the world ya'll gonna do with a dead mule?"

Sven said, "Ve gonna raffle him off."

The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead mule!"

Ole said, "Ve shore can! Heck, Ve don hafta tell nobody he's dead!"

A couple of weeks later, the farmer ran into Sven & Ole at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store and asked.

"What'd you fellers ever do with that dead mule?"
    They said,"Ve raffled him off like we said we wuz gonna do."

Sven said,"You betcha, we sold 500 tickets fer two dollars apiece and made a profit of $898."

The farmer said,"My Lord, didn't anyone complain?"

Ole said, "Ya sure, da feller who won got upset. So we gave him his two dollars back."

Sven & Ole now work for the government.

They're overseeing the Bailout Program.

Difference is...they force us to participate in the "raffle". Bah-humbug!!!

Comment

lol!
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

It's not a raffle, it is a "contribution".

Comment

All of the plans being considered in Washington for health care now involve mandatory purchasing of insurance. That should scare us. They really should just create a two-tiered system and give everyone a governement insurance and then you can buy extra if you want decent care.

Orrin Hatch has stood up to say no to mandatory insurance, but I am not sure anyone else has.
          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

That's pretty funny!

Not sure on the mandatory deal - is it mandatory that you buy it through them or just mandatory that you have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
              That's pretty funny!

Not sure on the mandatory deal - is it mandatory that you buy it through them or just mandatory that you have it?
              I believe both have been mentioned.

Comment

No one knows...to me that's the biggest problem. They are in such a hurry to get something passed, no one...including them, know what the hell they are passing...scary...

Comment

yup so true Guapo.

Gotta love our govenment!

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                    All of the plans being considered in Washington for health care now involve mandatory purchasing of insurance. That should scare us. They really should just create a two-tiered system and give everyone a governement insurance and then you can buy extra if you want decent care.

Orrin Hatch has stood up to say no to mandatory insurance, but I am not sure anyone else has.
                    So, have people that really can't afford it spend for something less than "decent care" and for the relatively few that can afford it, buy something better? I am clueless about this stuff admittedly, but it seems that is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
                      So, have people that really can't afford it spend for something less than "decent care" and for the relatively few that can afford it, buy something better? I am clueless about this stuff admittedly, but it seems that is a bad idea.
                      Decent care is different than decent insurance coverage, but that is another subject.

The plans being considered require people to all have some sort of coverage, whether you buy into the government plan or a private insurance. Then the whole nation will be covered.

The government plan will have exclusions, limitations, and paperwork just like any other insurance. But you can beleive me that the government plans will be harder to navigate, less on the reimbursement, and higher on copays and such...unless it does cost the American taxpayers a lot more money...but Obama says the coverage will not cost America any more money. I think it is called Free Lunch Policy in the White House.

Most European countries have a government run system that covers everyone. Then the people who are able to purchase additional insurance do so on their own. Most people who can afford it, do purchase their own to avoid long lines, and a perceived lower standard of care.

Comment

Here is a copy of it, when you guys get done reading it let me know what it says

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Tall. Regarding costs... yeah, no kidding! It will be long after Obama though that a system wiggles to a stable position won't it? It seems that it has to get started somewhere by someone and he is dragging this country along to realize his vision.

Interestingly, the ex-gf's dad, who lives in Canada, had hip replacement in a clean hospital in a reasonable amount of time from first working through the request process and from my perspective had phenominal after care (a nurse visited 3 days/week all covered.) I am well aware that he would have the bare bones policy... he paid in the form of taxes only.

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
                            Thanks for the explanation Tall. Regarding costs... yeah, no kidding! It will be long after Obama though that a system wiggles to a stable position won't it? It seems that it has to get started somewhere by someone and he is dragging this country along to realize his vision.

Interestingly, the ex-gf's dad, who lives in Canada, had hip replacement in a clean hospital in a reasonable amount of time from first working through the request process and from my perspective had phenominal after care (a nurse visited 3 days/week all covered.) I am well aware that he would have the bare bones policy... he paid in the form of taxes only.
                            Kind of like the Medicare drug benefit passed by Bush. It at first cost so much that some quick brakes had to be put on the system to get it in line with what they expected...now it has a complicated donut hole that cuts coverage between certain price ranges. You have free meds up to a point, then you pay 100% up to a certain point, and then the medicare takes up the rest.

It would help my life a lot if I knew I was going to be paid something by everyone who walked in the door...but that money comes from taxpayers...from my right pocket and back into the left.

Comment

Working...
                            X