P90X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P90X

Like most exercise programs/equipment, I bought P90X about a year ago and haven't done anything with it. I recall on the PW thread that a few of you have done it. The main reason I haven't started is the commitment to a full hour every day for 90 days...and I really haven't been motivated enough to get up at 5:00 am to do it. Also, the whole nutritional program...it's exhausting just pouring over it.

I am curious, those who have done it, did you follow the nutrition portion as well as the exercise portion?

Was it doable or is it completely unrealistic for someone with 4 kids and a small business?

Thinking about starting it, but I'm not a quitter and I don't want to get in over my head.

Thought?

Isn't 4 kids and a small business enough of a workout for you?
    www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Yes it is...but not the healthy kind...

Comment

Yeah...I have one on the way & am bracing myself for everything that goes along with it.
        www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Life as you currently know it...is over. Not saying it's a bad thing...but it is about to change. Add three more to the one and you don't have your own life.

I wouldn't change a thing though...

Comment

We've got it...my house mates just started last week, and they are freaking gung hoe on it! They measured themselves and took pictures and are following the nutrition plan...insane if you ask me. But the two really do need to loose a bit of weight and get in shape , so good for them. They've just hit 8 days...I don't think they realized that 90 days will put them into January .

I got it just thinking I would do a work out every other day, I'm not looking to loose weight nor be ripped, but just something to keep me in shape and get some exercise. To be honest now that its raining, maybe I'll start one tonight and tell you how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
              We've got it...my house mates just started last week, and they are freaking gung hoe on it! They measured themselves and took pictures and are following the nutrition plan...insane if you ask me. But the two really do need to loose a bit of weight and get in shape , so good for them. They've just hit 8 days...I don't think they realized that 90 days will put them into January .

I got it just thinking I would do a work out every other day, I'm not looking to loose weight nor be ripped, but just something to keep me in shape and get some exercise. To be honest now that its raining, maybe I'll start one tonight and tell you how it goes.
              Cool...let me know how it goes. I'm not looking to get ripped either. I'd like to loose a few pounds and increase my overall level of fitness. Seems a bit less daunting to start out with just the exercise portion of it.

Comment

I have done it. Well it was more like a P70X.

-I didn't follow the nutrition plan. I thought it was dumb. Just maintain a healthy diet, 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat, stay away from fast food or any dining out. I also stay away from processed foods or thing with ingredients that I can't pronounce or have more that 3 syllables.

-I developed tendonitis in my distal bicep tendon. If you follow the workout it is very intense and can lead to some joint pain.

-Its a year later and I don't do most of the exercises, I have mixed it up with my one exercises that I prefer. But what has stayed is the way I workout. My workouts only last 45 minutes or less 4 days a week. I learned to keep more intense workouts from P90X.

Conclusion: I thought the exercises and diet were dumb. The workout ethic and intensity I learned was well worth it.

Comment

as long as your disciplined and stick to it, itll work. just eat high protein and have vegetables. no fast food, no soda. thatll be good enough. ballance the protien with carbohydrates so ya dont get plugged up
                  Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

Guapo- I got 4 kids too - zone coverage when they are little and then Dad becomes the human ATM when they are older. Add a job and the exercise equipment becomes a great place to hang clothes on. However a TIGE is the best thing to have family time with.

KTL

Comment

I can't attest to the kids and the business, but I have done the program.

If you have the time its worth every minute that you put into and then some. I lost about 15 pounds when I did it, though I wasn't trying to loose weight and I didn't follow the nutrition plan. I came out of it in the best shape of my life. Best part was that I did it before the first ride of the year and because of the work outs I wasn't even sore afterwards!!

P.S. The first week will about kill you.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I think I'll give it a try...less the nutrition plan. I know how to eat right, so that shouldn't be a problem. I let you guys know how it goes. Heading out of town next week...think I'll start when I get back...see already procrastinating

Comment

haha, im all for it untill the yoga part, and the jump around bullshit. I cant do yoga with how i hurt my back...
                          Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

I did all 90 days last spring. It was great! I followed the meal plan less than half a$$. I just followed the ratios for carbs, protiens, ect. My wife just did the weighted excersise protion and had great results too, no Plyometrics, Cardio, or Kenpo. However she'd run 4 days a week too.

The first week will hurt. Yoga will be boring, but I/We did it anyways. I couldn't get into the Kenpo either. You really need to engage tour body into every motion to get a good workout here. I just substituted a 4-5 mile run for Kenpo. Plyometrics was good, but some of the excercises seemed pointless.

I lost close to twenty pounds, five more than planned. That equaled two belt notches. I noticed the most improvement in my core.

I will begin the series again in the next two weeks. I need to adjust my sleep schedule to begin getting up at 5:00 AM again to do it. With a wife, two kids, and two businesses, that was the only time I could fit it in.

It's worth what you put into it. I feel I was in as good of shape I was when I graduated High School 25 years ago when I finished.

Good luck, and what's the P90X chatch phrase?...Keep Pushing Play
                            The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Well just started day one with the GF, the guy is a douche (you will see what I mean after the first 5 minutes), and I felt a little weird working out in the living room, but after I got over that it ended up being a great workout. I think I'm going to keep going, maybe every other day.

Comment

Working...
                              X