Hunting season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting season

I figure I would share a couple pictures of my latest bow hunting trip since its finally hunting season. I spent 2 weeks in southwest Montana Elk hunting with my dad, brother, and a friend all from Wisconsin. We ended up getting 3 elk, and a bear.
    Attached Files

Great hunt and pics Kito! I thought you were happy it is hockey season!

Comment

Originally posted by thtrog View Post
      Great hunt and pics Kito! I thought you were happy it is hockey season!
      I am. Tonight is the first night Im gonna put the skates on and play some hockey. Then tomorrow Im thinking a little morning hunt with a little hockey in the afternoon. The only thing that would make this time of year better would be a little boating mixed in. Too bad we already have snow on the ground.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats. Looking forward to this season as well.

How did you harvest the bear? Tree stand, stalking?

Comment

I shot the bear with my bow on the ground. I put the stalk on him and shot him from 20 yards away. Thats how close I had to wait to get a good shot. That was a little to close for comfort, but it work out great. It looks like he will make Pope & Young.

Comment

I know you can eat the deer but what about the bear? I never heard of anyone eating bear....

Comment

That's pretty intense, stalking a bear with a bow.

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
              I know you can eat the deer but what about the bear? I never heard of anyone eating bear....
              Who said anything about eating?

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                And who said anything about deer? Mr. Bell...those are elk.
                Last edited by dingleberry; 10-02-2009, 09:36 PM.

Comment

mmmmmmmm, yummy elk, don't get those down here, our first trip this hunting season will be the middle of November, the 15th and 16th I think, hmmmm, guess I better check the dates to make sure I don't miss it
                  "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Okay, I know some just hunt for hunting alone. From what I have heard, elk is some good eating if you can get off the idea that there isn't a ton of fat and oils associated with it. Deer is good eating to

But has anyone eaten a bear? That is all I want to know..

Comment

But has anyone eaten a bear? That is all I want to know.. [/QUOTE]

Some asians eat bear weener.
                      Evidently it is an aphrodeesiac.
                      Formertigeowners.com
                      I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

Kito...congrats. It's bow season here. Taking out my 10 year old. He had 2 deer with rifle last year...hoping to get one with a bow this year.

BTW...I love Montana. Was there twice last year to fly fish. Once on the Bighorn and once on the Yellowstone. I can't wait to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kito View Post
                          I shot the bear with my bow on the ground. I put the stalk on him and shot him from 20 yards away. Thats how close I had to wait to get a good shot. That was a little to close for comfort, but it work out great. It looks like he will make Pope & Young.
                          Congrats!!! Are you sure you didn't bait the bear with a 12-pack of PBR?!?

Comment

Originally posted by ImaPigDog View Post
                            Congrats!!! Are you sure you didn't bait the bear with a 12-pack of PBR?!?
                            thats what i was thinking

Comment

Yes people eat bear meat. It's not too bad from my experience. But that's limited.

Man I wanna gon on an elk hunt so bad! That would fill my freezer for a long time!
                              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Working...
                              X