College football - Weak year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College football - Weak year?

Is it just me, or do all the teams look rather weak this year? Compared to some of the pre-season hype. Last year, FL, OU, TX, and USC all came out guns blazing. Even against non cream-puffs This year, not so much.

Not even FL. seems to look like I thought they would. Tebow's doing his thing, but he's gotta have supporting cast. Those little short dumps to your TE will only get you so far against a team like BAMA or OU.

I think OU is getting the kinks worked out of it's offense right now, and their defense looks nasty. Will they get it worked out in time though? 2 cream puffs aren't a good measuring stick (OK tulsa isn't a TOTAL cream-puff... but it's not Miami).

I think Cal is severly overrated. But maybe I didn't pay close enough attn.

saxet, just doesn't look like saxet of days past. Still no running game. D Line isn't flying around either. Def. not #2.

USC, Just not the same as days past. They need two years. To young.

tOSU, maybe not as over hyped as usual... they did look good against USC. But come on, they won in the last min. against Navy????

Miami... they look downright scary. BUT they played a mediocre GT and a Fl St. that is severly up and down. We'll know what their offense can do when they play VT's defense and then OU's defense. I think they are a year away right now... just to young.

Okie Lite, no clue whats happened to their offense? Quarterback is hurt, yet they won't admit it. And they keep trying to play him. Defense is still weak as ever... this team is my biggest let down.

Penn St, IDK what to think yet. I haven't really watched them so I can't tell you. Prob. overrated. We'll know after the Iowa game.

LSU... I think these guys are overrated. I just hate this school, and I haven't watched them this year, so I'll refrain from commenting.

Bama... haven't got to watch them play either. Could be the sleeper of the year maybe????

Ole Miss.... I love houston nutt. Just haven't got to see them on TV yet. So no clue if they are just getting credit from last year's body of work, or if they are really that good.

Just watching all these teams this year, it seems like EVERYONE is a year away, except maybe Miami and FL. Problem is Miami's youth is gonna show up before the end of the season and cost them.

One thing is for certain... 2 years from now, watch out for Miami, USC, and OU. They are all gonna be VERY GOOD!
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Not so much weak as just getting the cobwebs out and finding the groove amidst lots of new people. I think it takes 3-4 games for a team to settle down and get things sorted out. Miami is cranking like crazy out of nowhere for example and their new QB is amazing. . U right on about OSU vs Navy but that seems to be first game jitters to me. my 2 cents

Buckeyes fan

Comment

I usually think tOSU is severly over rated. This is the first year I don't think that. Pryor is still making some young mistakes, but looks good.

Your prob. right about the cob webs and the teams. But usually most the top teams don't take this long to get clicking. I guess we'll just see as the season progresses.
      Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

We thought that this might be a good year for BYU until unranked FSU came and clobbered us at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
          We thought that this might be a good year for BYU until unranked FSU came and clobbered us at home.
          Good thing you chose Powell over the game, you didn't miss a thing. I should have gone to powell too.

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised to hear about USC and the Huskies.

Comment

It's a good year for football. I like it when there are a lot of competative teams.
              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

There seems to be a lot of parity than in the past

Comment

yeah i agree tanner, looks like a "weaker" year right now.

Texas was looking ok, but not sure. OU........... Well Jones isn't doing too bad, but the mustache has got to go LOL

I hate tebow and FL, but oh well. They still look decent. Glad to see BYU lost, lol, and SC!!!

it's still young, we will see how the season goes!
                  Originally posted by G-MONEY
                  It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I don't see it happening Dom. My sources tell me he wants too, but the peer pressure won't let him. The stache has become a pulp icon in Norman!

Maybe once bradford is back, and he's back to the bench it'll come off.

Comment

Being that it's college football season I feel the need to change my sig to something more appropriate for the times!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
                          hahahaha

Comment

nice video tanner.

man are you hearing the crap that they are talking about saying the guy that hit Tebow and gave him a concusion did it on purpose? WTF???? tebow got the hit from his line man's knee, not the hit.

What is this world coming to?
                            Originally posted by G-MONEY
                            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Well didn't you hear. And I'm really sorry to be the one to report this.

Tebow passed away today from a blood clot that broke loose from the hit. I can't stand the way the media treats him, but this is absolutely horrible and depressing.

However, ESPN has let it be known that they will be hosting the resurrection special thursday! For they are the voice of the lord, and Tebow beith the son of god as well as our savior! Perhaps this is why if you spend 5 mins with him, he will change your life forever according to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X