NCAR '09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCAR '09

I'm startin' a little early this year I guess but, I'm fired up. Loookin' to be a good year. I just found this video of the one and only Skip Holm setting the 3kl. speed record in the legendary Red Baron. Shortly after this run they had to run Reno. With no more motors, they had to limp it around just to complete the race. It did not make it back to the ramp. Skip had to put down in the desert and from where anyone was, all that could be seen was a giant plume of black smoke. The crews arrived to find find Skip sitting in what was left of the fuselage wondering what the hell took them so long to get there.

You'll get your chance, smart guy.

This one is mostly homework for Sparky but, I guess the rest of you can look. Tiger put one 'em for his last run at Reno last year. Laid around in the weeds all week and came out Sunday and smoked everyone. One sly old dog. He is handing the reigns over to Mr. Steve Hinton Jr. (yes, son of the pilot in the above vid.) this year. Both Tiger and Jr. are super cool. Here is a shot of me, the kid, Strega and the Tige' taken by Jr.

Attached Files
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Nice.......I'm looking forward to my little vacation....

Comment

Working...
      X