white under counter sinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white under counter sinks?

I don't mess around on other forums so this is really the only place I can ask.

Does anyone have an under countertop mounted "White" sink? and if yes, does it after time get scratches or not look as nice as you thought it would? Don't really know how or what to ask, any info would be great. Even if you don't have white is there anything I should know about under countertop mounted sinks.

Thanks
    Dale
    2000 21i Tige

Originally posted by TRD View Post
    I don't mess around on other forums so this is really the only place I can ask.

Does anyone have an under countertop mounted "White" sink? and if yes, does it after time get scratches or not look as nice as you thought it would? Don't really know how or what to ask, any info would be great. Even if you don't have white is there anything I should know about under countertop mounted sinks.

Thanks
    I've never seen a white one mounted underneath the counter. My parents installed a black "marbelized look" one recently and it looks awesome. I see them in customers houses all the time and it has to make cleaning up easier. I will definitely be putting one in when I redo my kitchen countertops.
    "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

I haven't seen black. Web sites only show white. I will have to ask about that also.
      Dale
      2000 21i Tige

Comment

Originally posted by TRD View Post
        I haven't seen black. Web sites only show white. I will have to ask about that also.
        you can get a few colors I would think, I've seen stainless, black, and the marblize looking one, I'll see if I can find some pics for ya also......
        "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Mine is SS and it shows scratches
          www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Our kitchen ss is mounted under the granite counter top. It's great. The only thing I noticed the other day is that I need to re-do the caulk between the two, but our house is 8 years old.

Comment

this is why I ask, our SS sink is scratched up also and is only 10 yrs old. I thought maybe a white sink would be nice. Didn't know about all the other colors. Just wandering about the scratches on those sinks. I don't think it matters what color it is if it scratches will they show, that is what I would like to know.
              Dale
              2000 21i Tige

Comment

I have to believe that if you went with one of the white solid surface sinks that you could sand and buff any scratches out, just like you can the solid surface countertop.

I have nasty porcelain OVER Formica at the moment, so I have no personal experience, other than mine sucks.....
                It's not an optical illusion.
                It just looks like one.....

Comment

Our under counter sink is white with a colored countertop - all is Corian, I believe. It does show some light scratching from use, and it has gotten a couple of very small chips in it from large objects that were dropped. It is almost three years old. Currently, I just clean it with SoftScrub with bleach once a week to get out stains. I haven't yet tried sanding and buffing out the scratches. Unfortunately, I can't compare it to anything other than our previous house's porcelain, which I hated. Generally happy with it.

Comment

redirect - please talk about something manly like power tools....I got a new compressor for my birthday nothing more fun than shooting nails w/air.

Comment

Originally posted by yllw20 View Post
                      redirect - please talk about something manly like power tools....I got a new compressor for my birthday nothing more fun than shooting nails w/air.
                      Dangit...has my man card been suspended? Hey, I just got a new compressor, too. Does that count as credit back toward getting my man card reinstated?

Comment

To many to name in the past 2wks. Big Grill, tile saw, multi purpose tool, and several others for b-day. I am about to redo our kitchen. I already have a full work shop, don't need to many more, but deal is if I have to do a project I get tools. Works out great for me, at least my kid will be setup when I'm gone.
                        Dale
                        2000 21i Tige

Comment

Thanks, just seen the new sink today. Color goes all the way through, not cheap but it looks great.

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
                          Our under counter sink is white with a colored countertop - all is Corian, I believe. It does show some light scratching from use, and it has gotten a couple of very small chips in it from large objects that were dropped. It is almost three years old. Currently, I just clean it with SoftScrub with bleach once a week to get out stains. I haven't yet tried sanding and buffing out the scratches. Unfortunately, I can't compare it to anything other than our previous house's porcelain, which I hated. Generally happy with it.
                          Dale
                          2000 21i Tige

Comment

Working...
                          X