Table Rock. MO Vac.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table Rock. MO Vac.

Heading to Table Rock Aug 12th-15th. Can't wait, I love that place.
    We are heading down with my Bro n law with his wife's family. Kinda strange but helps with the cabin bill. So we will have two boats so we can do what we want and they can do what they want. I will have to start checking the lake temp and water conditions.
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

should be a good time. We are in the 80-90's for temps. Could be hotter by the time you get here, but the weather has been golden.

Let me know where you are staying and I'll get you intell on the riding spots, places to eat etc.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Awesome! Have lots of fun and be safe!

We are thinking about planning a family reunion out there for June of next year, is the weather typically nice that early in the summer?

Comment

June is usually a great month, but we get spring storms that can pop up and last awhile. This year we were in the low 90's and sunny for most of the month. Trock is a big lake, so it's always possible to find good weather, even if it's raining where you are staying. I'd say late June would be best, warmer water etc. The week or two before July 4th seems to have low boat traffic as people gear up for the holiday.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Comment

Tequilasun
          Thanks for getting me some intel that would be great.

We stay at-
          Edge Water Villa's
          392 Eagle Drive
          Reeds Spring, Missouri 65737-7524

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
          should be a good time. We are in the 80-90's for temps. Could be hotter by the time you get here, but the weather has been golden.

Let me know where you are staying and I'll get you intell on the riding spots, places to eat etc.
          15 Escalade ESV-Black
          08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Ok, so you are gonna be just north of Kimberling city...like 40 feet north when you turn on OO. LOL

So food, gas, whatever can be found in KC. I recommend you fill up your boat at Sportsman's (corner of OO and hwy 13). You can get gas on the water at the marina, but it's $$$. There is a ski shop on the water too, if you need anything watersports related. Small, but the peeps are generally pretty knowledgeable. There is a Walmart about 20 minutes north of you too.

Riding spots: the cove you are in isn't bad at all, but it will get main channel rollers. If you go around to the east side of the kimberling point (a haul by boat) there are multiple nice coves to ride. You shouldn't have to do so to fund good water though...ski in the morning, no locals get on the lake before 9 anyway.

So for dinner...get some steaks from Harter House in KC. It's a grocery store that is based upon their meat department...best quality cuts if meet in the area. And the peeps that work there are really helpful.

Girardi's itallian in KC is off the hook good too. Old world italian food, great prices, super good people.

Night life: more or less non existant except for weekends, check out the
            Bearded Clam and Ahoys. Usuially one of them will have a band. You are also about 45 minutes (depending in traffic) from Branson, so there is that.

Comment

Thanks
              Tequilasun
              15 Escalade ESV-Black
              08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Few more days and I am off to TB for about 4-5 days. Can't wait.
                15 Escalade ESV-Black
                08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Originally posted by samw View Post
                  Few more days and I am off to TB for about 4-5 days. Can't wait.
                  Hope you have fun down on TableRock. We Scheduled to go to BullShoals in June which was pickled due to my wife catching pneumonia so there goes June.

We then worked with Black Oak and they were able to accommodate us in August(actually this week) and we have to stick around because our daughter is undergoing surgery tomorrow.

I have new dates in Sept which if we actually head down the road it would be great.

We have stayed at Lone Pine on DD as well as Lakeside. Both have gone thru a couple different owners but unfortunately the original owners we met at Lakeside knew how to treat guests.

If you catch this before you head down, enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                  X