gas prices vs. supply problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas prices vs. supply problems

why is it that everytime gas prices start to go up there is a refinery disaster (texas) or a oil spill (pyramid lake, so. cal.) that immediately follows. i guess they have to justify the price jump by destroying their old outdated equiptment
    Greg Denton
    former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

I just paid $2.05 to fill up my car here in the St. Louis area. How much is it in SO Cal?

Other members - who's paying more and who's paying the least?

And yes - I think this is a rip off

Comment

I paid $2.38 this morning for the cheap stuff.

Comment

$2.51 per gallon for diesel yesterday in corona, california
        Greg Denton

Comment

$2.15 per gallon for Diesel here in Dallas.

Comment

$2.11 for 87 octane and climbing!

Now if we could just think of a way to burn water instead of fuel. I can see it now "The new Tige Hydrogen series"
            "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."

Comment

$2.09 in Atlanta. Time to get the motorcycle out.

Comment

Gas Prices

$1.99 in Oliver Springs, TN. on Friday. I have not seen the prices today.
                Ray Thompson
                2005 22V

Comment

Here is the great NW gas at the station across the street was $2.25 this morning now its 3pm and its $2.29. That's $91.60 to fill up my Tige ouch! Last summer it was about $60 each fill.

Comment

I keep my boat at the marina. Gas there is more expensive. If it's $2.05 / gal in town, I'm guessing $2.60 or more at the marina. 38 gallons at $2.60 = almost $99. I burn a full tank per week during the summer

Comment

$2.56 for 87 @ the Chevron down the street from my office in Anaheim, CA

$2.79 for diesel

I'm guessing $3.25 by September for 87 octane out here. Wonder what kind of wake I can create with a couple oars and a sail.

Comment

if we are going to see $3+ gas on land, i bet it will go over $4 on the water. might even see $5.

paid $2.75 or diesel 2 days ago. $80 and did'nt even get a kiss afterwards. B**LS**T
                        Greg Denton

Comment

You guys out there on the west coast are really beginning to scare the crap out me

How much is a 2003 Tige 22V worth when gas is $4-5/gal?

Comment

i paid $2.65 a gallon in ventura,ca. it hurts when i feel my boat and durango at the same time,but it's worth it.

Comment

I don't think the price of gas is going to slow any hardcore Tige owner, we'll just complain a little more as we fill up.

I will however, alter my habits of filling up on the water. I keep my boat on a covered lift so filling up at a gas station (on land) is not normally possible. Last Summer I bought three 5 gal gas cans, I will be definitely using them this year to buy my gas on land.

I also read on the Mercruiser web site that my engine is designed to run on 87 octane, which is not available at any of the marinas near me. The website said using 89 or 91 is the cause of the black soot on the transom over the exhaust, I definitely get the soot, but I'm not sure how related it is to the higher octane gas I've been using. Anyway, using the lower octane land gas saves me about 50 cents a gallon. Plus, in Virgina, you can save an additional 18-20 cents per gallon by filling out the paperwork to get a rebate on the road tax if you can prove the gas is not being used for a motorvehicle.
                              Last edited by Tip; 04-09-2005, 04:20 AM.
                              -Tip

Comment

Working...
                              X