Tige Z1 Trailer Clearance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s about 6-8 inches of clearance, and when backing up my trailer or pulling it into my driveway, the safety wheels hit on the rear cross bar of the trailer. Any thoughts on how to prevent this from happening. The issue is due to the fact the street is flat and my initial pull up the driveway is on a great incline, roughly 30 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine does this too. There are really only two options, lower the hitch or increase the tire size or suspension lift.

I suggest just yanking it through. It sounds terrible but it’s never hurt anything. There are rollers there for a reason.

Comment

Yes it’s hitting those safety rollers and scrape for about 12 inches due to the inclination. It does sound awful, and will probably get a lift kit next summer.

Secondary question, once on relatively flat ground next to my garage and up my driveway, I’m concerned about unhitching the boat. I chock all wheels but am super paranoid about the boat rolling backwards down hill. The gradient is about 1.5 degrees.

Comment

You can lower the hitch height to just deal with it. They have the rollers there for a reason and can scrape. If wheels are chocked, boat isn't going anywhere.

Comment

We have welded on a plate and gusset then mounted big rubber casters that extend JUST below the steel rollers. Will be quiet and wont mar the concrete in your driveway. Dont have any pics, but included a terrible paint pic to give you an idea where you add the plate and gusset
          Attached Files

Comment

I had the same problem with my Z1/Extreme trailer. Luckily my trailer is on torsion axels so I raised it about 1.5” and that was enough to fix my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxy24 View Post
              I had the same problem with my Z1/Extreme trailer. Luckily my trailer is on torsion axels so I raised it about 1.5” and that was enough to fix my problem.
              My 2019 boatmate trailer has torsion axels, do it have the capability/adjustment to raise the trailer?

Comment

^Yes^
                Couple YouTube videos you can watch that will show you how to raise it using the torsion axles.

Comment

Working...
                X