Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tongue weight

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
    So that was 3100 each axle plus 300 of tongue weight? Fuel full, no lead, swimplatform on? Normal gear for day at the lake?

I’m looking at buying a new tow vehicle and an digging into towing capacity’s. My initial look is that no half tons are rated for the R23 with 900lbs of lead. Even with lead split between 300 in bow and 600in truck. Too much weight on truck axle. There are several options that meet GCWR, but none for rear axle that I can find on internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Roughly yes. Any 1/2 ton will handle it according to the numbers but this topic is completely a gray one as it’s not if but how well. The more capable the tow vehicle, the better it will tow. I can tell you my F150 Eco does very well until it’s 100 deg and I’m going up 6% grades. It then tends to get hot.

Many have opinions and I’m not going there. If you want opinions, just search around. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The other unfortunate thing about no tongue weight is on the steeper ramps I have to pull the boat out in 4wd with a dmax. My buddy tows his same length centurion with a tundra, same ramps and never has to put it in 4wd. That extra weight on that back helps.

Comment

The tongue weight for conventional trailers with ball-mounted hitches should be 10% to 15% of the total packed trailer weight. If a 2,000-pound standard trailer is filled with 1,000 pounds of cargo, the tongue weight of the loaded trailer must be between 300 and 450 pounds.
        Last edited by Dalton07; 02-22-2023, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X