18” wheels on RZX trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
    I’ll do that... I don’t know how it could be much different from others, but maybe there’s something to be found out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Who knows. Maybe yours got layed up extra thick. At the very least you get to confirm or deny your suspicions about the amount of weight your tires are carrying.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
      Who knows. Maybe yours got layed up extra thick. At the very least you get to confirm or deny your suspicions about the amount of weight your tires are carrying.
      I guess I shouldn’t be making any assumptions, at this point.. I’ll weigh the thing, just to answer the question, either way..

Comment

I missed your photo of production code. As far as I know the first two number arent month. First 2 are week of the year, so mid Feb 2015 production date. Still, pretty premature failure rate for those guys.

Comment

Yeah, it’s pretty in line with when the tire should have been produced. They shouldn’t have too many miles on them, either. Furthest they ever traveled in a day was Boise to Reno.. my home lake is like 40 miles. Furthest lake I’ve been to is 200 miles away..

Maybe my curb is jacking them up.. I guess when it rolls over that edge, on a single tire, it’s probably close to 4K in pressure on each.. that probably could jack that belt up.. I’m still going to 16s, but maybe I should make a couple of ramps...

Comment

When you say curb, you mean a full 6-8" curb ledge that you're forcing the trailer to climb over? If so, I firmly believe that's your problem. Add in a no name tire- presumably lesser quality- and you found your problem. You will destroy the new 16s" is short order as well. You should also closely inspect your torsion arms for damage as well. Build a ramp or have a driveway cut in the curb.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
              When you say curb, you mean a full 6-8" curb ledge that you're forcing the trailer to climb over? If so, I firmly believe that's your problem. Add in a no name tire- presumably lesser quality- and you found your problem. You will destroy the new 16s" is short order as well. You should also closely inspect your torsion arms for damage as well. Build a ramp or have a driveway cut in the curb.
              Yeah, and I never thought about that possibility, until this am.. I have a tendency to use things to my expectations, and not what they were necessarily designed for. You’re probably right though. I think all the tires that we’ve had problems with were rears, which would also make sense.. I’ll build ramps before the next time I put it back..

I’ve pulled multiple trailers back there, but not with the weight that this boat has, and the sissy tires that are on it..

Comment

Working...
              X