Tandem Trailer receiver height for a 2018 R21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tandem Trailer receiver height for a 2018 R21

I am getting the base model tandem trailer for an 2018 R21. Does anyone happen to have the measurement from the ground to the the bottom of the trailer ball receiver for a leveled trailer? Trying to figure out how much drop I'll need for the hitch.

I'm should be getting my boat next week, but would like to get/order everything I need ahead of time. Is anything else with regards to the trailer that I need? Does it come with safety cables/chains? I already purchased the bolt on transom straps. Thanks in advance!

Comes with chains and breakaway cord. Standard full size truck 2" drop is great I think. 4" drop ends up tongue low which causes surge brakes to work a LOT. Are you lifted??

Comment

I would go 1” drop for a standard truck

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
        Comes with chains and breakaway cord. Standard full size truck 2" drop is great I think. 4" drop ends up tongue low which causes surge brakes to work a LOT. Are you lifted??
        Its a 2018 Ram 1500 4x4 with no lift and no level kit. Top of the trailer hitch is box receiver is 24" from the ground. I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
          I would go 1” drop for a standard truck
          I currently have a 2" drop on my F150 but it sits 4" lower than the ram. But that was for towing a tandem trailer for an older Supra. If the trailer was the same height as that, that would mean I need a 6" drop. That's why i'm curious for the actual measurement height from the ground to bottom of the ball receiver when sitting level.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere it’s between 17-20” on a standard boatmate.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
              I remember reading somewhere it’s between 17-20” on a standard boatmate.
              I appreciate it!

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/TS10033B-Magn.../dp/B000S0N2S4

Just get on of these. Great hitch and it turns around a faces front of truck when not it use so you don't whack your shins If you still have the Ford and the Dodge you can swap it between both and achieve correct drop lengths. Different modles have different drop ranges. Think it goes up to 6". The one posted is the 3" ranges in between.

Comment

I highly recommend the BW tow and stow. This hitch allows you to choose ball size and drop for any trailer application. This will be the last hitch you ever need.

Comment

Tow vehicle is 2011 Sierra 1500 and use the tri-mount ball hitch with no drop. Rated for 10Klbs towing capacity and works perfect for all my towing needs.

Comment

Working...
                    X