2008 Extreme Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Extreme Trailer

Hi. We are going to be picking up a new to us 2008 22ve on an extreme tandem trailer with surge disc brakes. Should/can we add a weight distributing sway hitch? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

It's been thrown around as there are adapters that will allow a WDH to be used on a pole tongue. Problem is that it then limits the surge brakes from functioning . Only workaround would then be converting surge brakes to electric over hydraulic brakes. Would then also need a brake controller for your vehicle if it's not equipped with one.
    What is your tow vehicle??

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
      It's been thrown around as there are adapters that will allow a WDH to be used on a pole tongue. Problem is that it then limits the surge brakes from functioning . Only workaround would then be converting surge brakes to electric over hydraulic brakes. Would then also need a brake controller for your vehicle if it's not equipped with one.
      What is your tow vehicle??
      Thanks for your insight, using an 07 Chev Avalanche.

Comment

Originally posted by maddog10 View Post
        Thanks for your insight, using an 07 Chev Avalanche.

Would have to verify on your door sticker, but a quick Google search said towing cap is 7000-7200 depending on how vehicle is equipped. Should be just fine. Boat trailer tongue weights are a lot lower than campers/travel trailers.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
          Would have to verify on your door sticker, but a quick Google search said towing cap is 7000-7200 depending on how vehicle is equipped. Should be just fine. Boat trailer tongue weights are a lot lower than campers/travel trailers.
          Yes the towing capacity of how ours is equipped is 8k. Any issues with sway control?

Comment

You should not need any of that as long as the trailer is set up correct for the boat.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              You should not need any of that as long as the trailer is set up correct for the boat.
              Thank you kindly, thats great news.

Comment

I have the same trailer and boat, mine is an 07’ though. The extreme trailer is the nicest I’ve had out of the 4 boats I’ve owned. It pulls beautifully and is built solid. Just make sure your hitch has adequate drop or rise so the trailer sits level.
                Last edited by Jetdriver; 03-26-2018, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                  I have the same trailer and boat, mine is an 07’ though. The extreme trailer is the nicest I’ve had out of the 4 boats I’ve owned. It pulls beautifully and is built solid. Just make sure your hitch has adequate drop or rise so the trailer sits level.
                  Appreciate the feedback, thank you.

Comment

Once you start loading everything into that set up, it’s going to be a lot heavier and those 1500s aren’t exactly firm in the rear end. It’ll do the job but I would at least look at adding a set of airbags to the truck. They make a huge difference.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                      Once you start loading everything into that set up, it’s going to be a lot heavier and those 1500s aren’t exactly firm in the rear end. It’ll do the job but I would at least look at adding a set of airbags to the truck. They make a huge difference.
                      This is going to sound nit picky AF, but isn't the Avalanche entirely different than a 1500?? Pretty sure the 1500 is a classic body on frame truck while the Avalanche was a Unibody construction. I would think that suspension would be changed a bit as well. I could be totally mistaken. Just thought that was what that ugly "sail" pillar was all about.
                      Now I am going to have to nerd out.

Comment

Its a body on chassis half ton truck.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          Its a body on chassis half ton truck.
                          Thanks Mike. Googled it up and figured out my confusion. One piece body on frame, not a true Unibody. Feeling dumb
                          Last edited by freeheel4life; 03-26-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I may be wrong but is the avalanche more of a suburban than a 1500 chev? Just a thought

Comment

Its on the suburban chassis, but still in the half ton truck class. So in terms of towing, does not make as much of a difference as compared to a body on frame and uni-body.

Comment

Working...
                              X