Double tow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double tow

So Idaho allows double towing. We have a customer that bought a pontoon at Boat show, but one of their conditions was they wanted to tow their jet skis behind the toon.
    Took the trailer to a local fabricator and this is what he came up with. Pretty impressed. Only has one functionality flaw, safety chain hooks needed to end up on the extending insert and not the housing. Going to try and get it fixed before it goes to paint.
    Anyways just thought if wad a good solution...
    Attached Files

Is that chad in the background? If so tell him his carbomb co captain said hey.
    Last edited by Germaine Marine; 03-02-2018, 11:13 PM.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

That guy is in Belize. Lifes rough for you sales guys Will give him a co capt. shout out though.
      Last edited by freeheel4life; 03-02-2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Is this possible to do to a V drive trailer? I guess you could make a detachable multi point receiver. I’ve been looking for ways to be able to bring my boat and dirt bikes to the lake without taking my topper off. I got a front bumper made with a receiver in it so I can put my moto tote on the front of my truck.

Comment

I remember seeing a post somewhere online that a dealer towed them double.

Comment

The right weldor/fab guy can do it. Check legality first though. I think most states don’t like it and the ones that do want a goose or fifth wheel as the first trailer.

Comment

Probably more trouble than it’s worth for my application. I have a 6” drop receiver on order so I can put my dirt bike on my moto tote on the front bumper receiver without it blocking my view.

Comment

Maybe I’ll just go with something like this.... hahaha

6056DE00-EE89-42E9-ADFE-9FADF5B24E91.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                  Maybe I’ll just go with something like this.... hahaha
                  LOL - better knock on wood now!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                    Probably more trouble than it’s worth for my application. I have a 6” drop receiver on order so I can put my dirt bike on my moto tote on the front bumper receiver without it blocking my view.
                    Hey, I would love to see some pics of your front receiver rig. Particularly how and where it attaches to frame. Also have you done many miles with the bike on the front?? Any big hill climbs with bike there??
                    I am mostly curious how much bike affects airflow to radiator and other coolers. If at all.

Comment

I’ll get a couple pics of the setup tomorrow. The receiver is built into a beefed up bumper I had fabbed up by a welder. So far I’ve only hauled it once like that but it was pulling my boat into the mountains west of Denver. That’s about as much of a climb as you’ll find I’d think. It’s pretty close to a 5000’ climb over the pass. It was probably 85-90 in Denver when I did that and I didn’t notice the truck running abnormally hot. I wasn’t really pushing it though. I pull with a Dodge 1500 hemi and it does ok but definitely leaves a little to be desired. I don’t think a diesel would even notice it. The only down side was it blocked my view a bit, hence the drop receiver I ordered. I was happy that I didn’t get pulled over!

Comment

Here ya go Freeheel. You can see how high the tote sits and can imagine how much the bike blocked my view which is why i ordered the drop receiver. I had the suspension cranked down with ratchet straps too!
                        Sorry no pics with the bike on it. It’s currently in several pieces in my garage for yearly maintainance.

E776DC9A-168C-4D4D-8309-E6D2787E7C6E.jpg
                        A73899E9-400E-4044-B948-3421D6BF36C7.jpg
                        2860D828-9A37-448D-8F7F-86799EC3474E.jpg
                        9A3BFF0A-289C-46CA-8ECD-A61335A5B131.jpg
                        7C6B99BC-36DE-441F-A53B-D0C40BE90E13.jpg
                        E1190749-D3C7-4EB3-9844-356ADE7D5AA1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X