DOT 3 or Dot 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOT 3 or Dot 5?

Haven't used the Magnum trailer with surge brakes for my 2006 22V for awhile. The brake fluid reservoir is empty. I know that I will have to find the leak and bleed the brakes. Which is correct for this system, tDOT 3 or DOT 5 brake fluid? Thanks.

DOT 5 is synthetic. I would not expect to find DOT 5 used in a trailer and last I recall, you dont want to mix the DOT 5 with conventional 3 or 4. DOT 4 can be used in a system requiring 3, but dont want to use 3 in s a system requiring DOT 4. My gut says its a DOT 3 system.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      DOT 5 is synthetic. I would not expect to find DOT 5 used in a trailer and last I recall, you dont want to mix the DOT 5 with conventional 3 or 4. DOT 4 can be used in a system requiring 3, but dont want to use 3 in s a system requiring DOT 4. My gut says its a DOT 3 system.
      Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texastige22v View Post
        Haven't used the Magnum trailer with surge brakes for my 2006 22V for awhile. The brake fluid reservoir is empty. I know that I will have to find the leak and bleed the brakes. Which is correct for this system, tDOT 3 or DOT 5 brake fluid? Thanks.
        For sure.. What Mike said.. DOT 3 is what my reservoir says!

Side note- Our family is moving to San Antonio, TX next month! Need the skinny on where to boat.. Closest thing I see will be Canyon or Medina from what it looks like!

Cheers!

Comment

If you have anymore questions, I would drop by their store on I-35N. The times I have dropped in they have been more than helpfully

h2osk8er00
          Welcome to Texas

You are correct Canyon or Medina, unless you want to go up to the highland lakes north of Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by h2o-ski View Post
            If you have anymore questions, I would drop by their store on I-35N. The times I have dropped in they have been more than helpfully

h2osk8er00
            Welcome to Texas

You are correct Canyon or Medina, unless you want to go up to the highland lakes north of Austin.
            Thanks! Not there quite yet but I am less than a month out! Any lake one you prefer? And are there any Tigé Owner Reunions set up out there that somebody runs? Looking forward to getting out there!

Comment

Sorry to hijack your thread texastige22v

I live 5 minutes from a boat ramp on Canyon Lake and not been anywhere else really. There is a joint military park on Canyon Lake for the military with cabins and some docks which I have heard is pretty nice.

As far as a meet up, none that I know of and the closest dealer is in Austin which just changed dealerships. Though my wife and I have often thought about it, as there seems to be quite a few Tiges on Canyon Lake.

Comment

I live 5 minutes from a boat ramp on Canyon Lake and not been anywhere else really. There is a joint military park on Canyon Lake for the military with cabins and some docks which I have heard is pretty nice.

As far as a meet up, none that I know of and the closest dealer is in Austin which just changed dealerships. Though my wife and I have often thought about it, as there seems to be quite a few Tiges on Canyon Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by h2o-ski View Post

Cool.. thanks for the intel and thanks texastige22v for letting us hijack for a few!

Comment

Originally posted by h2osk8er00 View Post
                    Cool.. thanks for the intel and thanks texastige22v for letting us hijack for a few!

I am a little late on the thread, but I can tell you about Medina Lake. We live on the lake. It is a quiet lake, a bit smaller than Canyon, about 18 miles long at full pool. Lots of ski boats, pontoon boats and some fishing boats. It seems very busy on the holidays, but my friends on other lakes like LBJ say it is not busy at all for what they are used to. Lots of good water for skiing, wakeboarding and surfing. The lower end of the lake by the dam where we live is the busier part of the lake, but there is a lot of open land around the lake, which keeps the traffic down. You should definitely come out and see the lake sometime. We generally boat up until November when the water starts to cool down.

As far as where you can put in--there is a state park on the lake with a boat ramp and two private marinas with boat ramps--Red Cove and Joe's Place. I recommend Red Cove.

Lake levels can fluctuate at Medina. Right now the lake is great, down about 10 feet, but it is a deep lake. It won't drop much this winter and if we are lucky we will get some recharge over the winter.

I see quite a few Tiges on the lake, but am not aware of an owner's group, etc. If you do decide to come out to Medina sometime, drop me a note and swing by our place. We have a dock on the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texastige22v View Post
                      As far as where you can put in--there is a state park on the lake with a boat ramp and two private marinas with boat ramps--Red Cove and Joe's Place. I recommend Red Cove.
                      Thanks for the reply texastige22v! Another person hit me up that lives on Medina Lake as well and your guys' hospitality is beyond my expectations. Thanks for the tips and for allowing me to come out there with a few people to call when I make my initial voyage. I probably won't get out on the water until next spring as with my move out there I will be fairly busy. However, I am definitely looking forward to going there and Canyon lake next summer. Not sure it could ever be as bad as some of the places we go to out here (i.e. Havasu, Parker, Needles) but I know Texans like their toys, boats especially! There is a reason the Tigé dealer is located in Texas and I think it has to do with the love of boating amongst Texans!

Comment

Working...
                      X