No announcement yet.

Bent trailer at roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murphys law is here someplace. If it can happen it will to you. Loosen the strap some and be safe. You don't want to be "that guy".
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Originally posted by Wakeman22 View Post
      Murphys law is here someplace. If it can happen it will to you. Loosen the strap some and be safe. You don't want to be "that guy".
      Well it wouldn't have happened to any of us till you had to go and bring up Murphy.......now it will happen to all of us.

Comment

Okay, Ill chime back in cause this is all hilarious to me.

First off unhooking your bow hook before backing down has so many factors that none of us could possibly cover all of them and we could "what IF" this scenario to death. The important thing is that all of us have things we do similar and completely opposite. Depending on the ramp determines whether or not I unhook regardless of the condition of my bunks, (Though I grew up on a ocean boat with all rollers on the trailer and the rule was simple don't touch the strap till the boat is floating and we ran 2 straps). A steep ramp yes I leave it connected, shallow ramps I unhook its all personal preference. Boats flying off trailers on the highway is usually attributed to people who don't use transom straps, that's another subject.

Secondly, and back to the issue at hand, when you find a trailer shop willing to complete the repairs I would definitely have them do a once over on that trailer. If that much damage was cause by launching alone I would weary of the structural integrity of that trailer.
        My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
        X