Trailer refurbish, Thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer refurbish, Thoughts.

I just purchased an an 08 RZ2 with an Ezloader trailer about two months ago. So far I love moving to the RZ2.

The Previous owner didn't take very good care of the trailer. Unsure if he lived on gravel or what but it is chip up and and rusting all over the place.
    Where I purchase the boat they sold Nautique boats, couple of the new ones had awesome looking trailer that has a rubberized colored coating line a bed liner.
    Does anyone have that on their trailers? If so how is it holding up?

Thanks
    Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

I have a blue armagaurded trailer and I put a lot of miles on. It is holding up really well, not a scratch or rock chip and I have over 5000km on it. Its not cheap but you will never have to touch it again if they do it right.

Comment

make sure it's UV safe. I did a test on my last trailer and coated just the tongue version with Herculiner. It held up great, no chips after two seasons, however, it was faded out after just a couple of months.

You can do searches to find people that have just gone to LineX and had their trailers done. Having the trailer blasted prior to the coating will prevent it from rusting underneath the coating. You'll always have the risk of rusting on the inside of course, so make sure the coating doesn't block any drainage openings.

Comment

Working...
      X