NEW BOATMATE TRAILER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW BOATMATE TRAILER

Hey everyone! The time has come for a new trailer. The owner before me would pull out of the lake, pull his boat 1/2 mile, then put his boat up in an enclosed stall. The trailer would sit and rust for the next few weeks....Unfortunately, the main beam on the left side buckled today. I'm stuck till I get a new one. What's the best way about getting a new boatmate. Dealer or factory direct? I'm located between Austin and Houston TX. What can I expect to pay for a new one?
    Also, would yell recommend any other brands??

Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Boat mate is the only brand I would ever run under my boats personally.
    There the best built and definitely stand behind the product so that be my vote all day everyday
    surf till u die.

Comment

I have a 1 year old boat mate and have already had many problems with lights not working , broken axle they told me that I hit something to break the axle and would not warranty it

Comment

I've had 3 Tige's all on boatmates with 0 issues
        That's the first I've ever heard of a boat mate trailer failing
        surf till u die.

Comment

Since you are in Texas, I would also look at a Magnum trailer. The Ski Dock uses them for some boat trailers. Heck they are just a few miles from the dealership in Austin.

Comment

We just replaced our boatmate with the exact same one. Except this time its galvanized. The dealer had ordered it originally with painted steel and we use in brackish water about halt the time so it rusted pretty badly. Got 4 years out of it so I thought that was pretty good.

We went through the dealer - Forte's in largo fl - great to work with. It took about 4 weeks and cost about $5000.00. Galvanized cost extra.

I scrapped our old one and got $48.00 for it.

I could have had an aluminum trailer built for $3200.00 but I have a garage issue and needed to be sure the boat would fit so I went with what I knew would fit. If I did not have that issue I would have gone that route.
            Last edited by whiteflash watersports; 06-20-2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Here's a couple photos of Boatmates quality. Trailer was delivered in March.

Comment

My 22VE is sitting on an Extreme trailer. It's built well and is real easy to load the boat onto. No major issues with it yet, I did replace the wheel well boards and carpeting.

Comment

My boatmate seems like a decent trailer. Starting to get some surface rust on the front hitch piece though.

Comment

I have no problems with my Boatmate but I'm planning to sell it to my friend and then get a new one.

Comment

I just dropped my '17 trailer my dealer for brake issues. Boatmate uses a system of linked calipers to try and make the bleeding process easier -- in other words, the brake line daisy chains from one caliper to the next. The downside to this setup is that if you have a small leak or don't get a 100% bleed and end up with an air lock, all of the downstream calipers can have issues, instead of just one. In my case, with less than 1000 miles on the trailer, the right side brakes are squealing, rotors grooved, etc, while the left side looks brand new and never squeezed.

All that said, the rest of the trailer and the build quality looks great on mine, I had no reservation going with Boatmate on our new boat, and I have full confidence that they'll make things right with this issue (I will definitely update if anything goes south).

Comment

I would never buy a Boatmate trailer (steel). Aluminum I-beam is the only way to go equipped with stainless steel Kodiak hubs, rotors, and pads. They use a unique axle unlike torsion or leaf that is far superior. http://rollsaxle.com/lifetime_spring.htm

Do the electrical yourself and do it right. Tin coated copper (marine grade) wire, lead solder all connections, use 3M marine heat shrink tubing.

You'll thank me later.
                        Last edited by .NOBODY; 07-23-2017, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I have a Ezloader trailer that came with my boat. So far I like it over my old boat which had a prestige trailer. It trailer nice an and far better to load on to also.
                          I am having rusting issue but I believe that it's caused by previous owner , the the manufacture.
                          15 Escalade ESV-Black
                          08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Working...
                          X