08 Ez Loader Trailer..No Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

08 Ez Loader Trailer..No Brakes

I just picked up a 08 RZ2 on a EZ Loader trailer. I didn't notice not having brakes when I brought it home. When I went to push it into my garage I noticed I didn't have to by pass or add 12 volts to open up the solenoid to allow my to push against the trailer. Is there something the trailer that could be like in a by pass mode or something?
    Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Start by checking brake fluid at tongue. Brakes are probably in-op and need serviced. Also do you have a reverse solenoid on that trailer(4 pin connector with white, green, yellow and brown, or a 5 pin with same colors and a blue wire added)? Some do, some don't. There's also a test you can do by stroking the master cylinder while observing fluid reservoir. Fluid should "swirl" if master cylinder is working properly.

Comment

I have the solenoid fixed. Wiring 5 pin plug has a bad spot in the it. Replaced with 7 pin RV plug.
      Brakes still not working, checked the fluid, added some.
      Next step this weekend will be pull the wheels and attempt to bleed the brakes and confirm the calipers are not frozen.

Sam
      15 Escalade ESV-Black
      08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

If you don't have a vacuum bleeder or a pressure pot it can be quite a pain. You will need someone to stroke master cylinder while you bleed if you don't. Real PITA.
        Often once fluid gets low water enters and takes out master cylinder. Hopefully you get lucky tho.

Comment

Update-Bled some Air out and that has them working in the garage. I do need to bleed with solvent it was pretty brown.

Thanks
          Sam
          15 Escalade ESV-Black
          08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Nothing but clean fresh from a tightly sealed container break fluid of the appropriate DOT.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X