ISSUE WITH TOWER VIBRATION AT 35 MILES PER HOUR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISSUE WITH TOWER VIBRATION AT 35 MILES PER HOUR

Hello Everyone - I hope someone can give me some direction on a trailering issue. I lost a speaker on the highway last year and don't want it to happen again this year - luckily nobody got hurt! My R20 when trailering has a bad vibration at 60 km/h or around 35 miles per hour (I'm used to Canadian lingo!). While accelerating it's fine to get it up to 35 miles per hour but then the tower shakes very badly. The shake seems to disappear after 45 miles per hour. It seems to be more evident on the left side of the trailer as the trailer guide pole also shows slight vibration while the right side guide stays nice and tight. Has anyone had this type of issue? Is there something I should check? I don't want to cause an accident or lose another speaker! Any advice on the matter would be great! Thank you in advance for any help.

Have you had the tire balance checked? Can check for a bent wheel at the same time. Use a dial indicater to check for a bent mounting flange.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

When did you last check/grease/change wheel bearings? Also check your tires for uneven wear or any knots..

Comment

Working...
      X