No announcement yet.

Need some confirmation on a Trailer issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was it, I feel really stupid. My truck is brand newish (13' EcoBoost) would have never thought I would pop a fuse. i should have started at the power source and worked back (like I usually do) instead I started at the solenoid and worked forward. Thanks again guys I was seconds from buying a new solenoid before I realized I hadn't checked power from the truck I just assumed. well good news power is back and all is good haven't verified with hooking up yet will do this weekend. (Sigh) Man I feel dumb.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Always the simple things

Comment

BINGO

Comment

If you blow that fuse again when you can hook up the trailer, there is obviously a problem with the trailer wiring. Glad you got it fixed.

Comment

I know I am late on this but I have a 2011 ecoboost f-150. I pull various trailers ( rz4, utility, cargo) often. I have found that I blow that fuse about once or twice a year and it happens when I hook up my trailer lights while my vehicle lights are on. Making sure my light switch is off and not on auto has kept this from happening for some time now. Not sure what that is about but it keeps me from having to change the blanking fuse!

Comment

Thanks for the info, I don't remember if the lights where on or not when I plugged it in but I will make sure they are off from now on. I towed a utility trailer last weekend with electric brakes and the brake controlled/lights ect. we're all working as they should find out soon enough when I hook the boat up again if it's fixed.
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

WELL....the fuse was not the problem went to back up today and the brakes locked up again. Had to use a C-clamp to hold the piston forward so I could back up. Looks like a new solenoid is in my future.

Comment

Did you check for voltage at the plug or see if the fuse blew again?

Comment

Yes voltage to the solenoid, fuse is in tact, but the solenoid is not clicking on when into reverse. I think it finally died. $55.00 to have it repaired not bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X