Trailer needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer needed

Anyone on here know of a trailer not being used or for sale that will accommodate a 07 - 22Ve? I was hoping someone here may have a trailer they don't use or need anymore. My original trailer has grown a lot of rust cancer and my main concern is the most rearward cross member is almost ate all the way through. We used the boat in the inter coastal waterway here in Va Beach which is brackish water and it has taken it's toll on the trailer. We now use the boat exclusively at Lake Gaston in NC which I think has bought us a little more time, but I fear the twice a year tow to the lake and back to the beach, "don't won't a trailer breaking on me while towing on the highway."
    I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

If you only tow twice a year and keep it in the water you could get a boat moving company to move it for you and ditch the bad trailer.
    Last edited by bsreid; 12-14-2015, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Alternatively, you could get a fab shop to put in crossmember braces. If its almost toast as you say then some ugly metal reinforcement will serve its purposes...

Comment

I have a 2000 21v trailer that was worked on this past summer (new tires, checked over, etc) that has some rust but was and given the green light for being structurally sound by my marina I might be able to sell.

I have to purchase a new trailer due to storage restrictions (needs a swing away tongue and needs to be shorter in general)...not sure if it would fit a 22ve but I'm sure someone on here could chime in....

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
          If you only tow twice a year and keep it in the water you could get a boat moving company to move it for you and ditch the bad trailer.
          Not really an option, my tow to and from the lake is 2.5 hrs each way. I need or want the boat at home during the winter so I can do maintenance and what not. Good idea if I only had to store it and then keep it close to the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko View Post
            Alternatively, you could get a fab shop to put in crossmember braces. If its almost toast as you say then some ugly metal reinforcement will serve its purposes...
            I actually already have someone working on this for me. I wanted it done so I could bolt it on before I made the tow home, but the guy doing it, didn't get it ready in time. I think once in place it will buy me a little time, but the wife is pushing hard to just replace the trailer.

Comment

Here are a few pics of what I'm dealing with.IMG_20150712_134506_063.jpgIMG_20150712_134514_339.jpgIMG_20150712_134526_133.jpgIMG_20150712_134546_170.jpg

Comment

I'm no engineer, but I think that if you cut that rust out and weld in some new side pieces, you would be plenty strong. Grab some cardboard and trace your curve onto it. Take it to a metal shop and have them cut you a couple new side pieces a few feet long. Cut out your rust section and treat it with some rust preventor.. Weld in your two new sides, like a splint.. Paint it red, and haul boats with it. I would think that would buy you some time.

I would also check the other cross members for drain holes in the low spots.. This was most likely caused by trapped water.
                Last edited by Bryan; 12-24-2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Do you still have the trailer?

Comment

Working...
                  X