21 Ft Trailer (or less) for 2000 21v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 Ft Trailer (or less) for 2000 21v

Does anyone have any recommendation's on where I could get a few quotes on a new trailer for my 2000 Tige 21v? We are having a new house built and my current trailer won't allow the boat to fit in the garage (too long). I'm willing to look all over but the boat is currently in Dayton, OH so the tri-state area would be the best place to start....

I can't find specs on any of boatmates trailers but I've read a lot of guys who have boatmates their trailer tends to be even shorter than the boat once the tongue is folded....

Look into to doing a conversion

old wake world thread http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1125418604

boat us . com http://www.boatus.com/magazine/trail...ing-tongue.asp
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

While I have never built a new house, I don't understand the idea of building a house and not building it to fit your needs. I'm 99% sure my next house will be built to fit our wants/needs. The garage will be two double doors and one side will be double deep as well. So really it will be a six car garage. If a builder wont build it I'll move on to the next builder.

Your trailer can only get so much smaller. If the folding tongue is all you need then I'd look into doing just that on your current trailer. I'm sure any fab shop could do it.

Comment

I'm with chpthril on this one! Putting a new tongue on will be a ton cheaper than replacing the whole trailer... If you are getting a house built...why don't you get the garage custom...maybe a couple feet longer?...

Comment

I've looked into the conversion and I might go that route but it will only save me maybe a foot....the old Dorsey Trailers extend well beyond the nose of the boat before I could install a swing tongue. That's why I mentioned possibly the custom route because looking at the more modern trailers, a lot of them converge at the nose of the boat and the only piece that extends out beyond the nose of the boat is the tongue...

While I completely agree that I would love to go with a full up custom builder, it just simply isn't in the cards right now. There isn't any land in the city that we want to stay in that hasn't been bought up by these major builders and where there is land, it would cost us way, way more than what we are paying for this current house....eventually I will probably extend out the back of this third car bay and widen the door it's just the builder won't do that....

Comment

Funny you ask, I just had Boatmate build a tandem axle trailer for my '99 21v. With the TAPS plate still attached, swim deck off, and the tongue folded, it ends up being just shy of 22' by an inch or two. The back end of the trailer is actually shorter than the boat, so the TAPS plate sticks out the farthest there. On the front, with the tongue folded, the trailer still extends about 6" further than the boat. I have a picture of the boat on the trailer right before it went into storage that hopefully helps.
            ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445912705.533869.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's good info! I was quoted a boat mate trailer and have been going back and forth on getting it....How did that set you back (PM me if you want) Were you happy with who you bought it from?....

Looking at that trailer I wonder if I could have them build the swing tongue portion another 6 inches back (butted up against the portion where the rails converge.....I know that depends on tongue weight, etc...

That is a good looking trailer, exactly what I had in mind for mine too!

Comment

I was quoted 4,999$ + tax and title out the door. The trailer quality is unreal! I joke that the trailer is nicer than my boat, lol. I bought it through the local Centurion dealer on the lake we live on, they are also a Boatmate dealer. Very pleased in dealing with Boatmate as well. I was concerned about bunk placement, but the Boatmate guys assured me that they would not hit any of the water intakes and fittings on the bottom of the boat.

I would certainly contact Boatmate about seeing what they can do. Very good group of people.

Thanks! I love the trailer and it pulls like a dream. Perfect fit for the ol 21v!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About to bite the bullet and order the boat mate this weekend...anybody have any features other than the stainless retractable straps they recommend above and beyond the standard stuff?

Comment

The upgraded rims of course

for our boats we do the standard tandem axle disc brake trailer... most of the time with a spare tire carrier as well. They really are a quality trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by SKSailboatshop View Post
                      The upgraded rims of course

for our boats we do the standard tandem axle disc brake trailer... most of the time with a spare tire carrier as well. They really are a quality trailer.
                      Ha I'd love to do the 18's but I believe that raises the overall height does it not? This thing will barely fit under a 7' garage as it is.....

Comment

I'd ask if they can outfit it with electric-over-hydraulic brakes.

PaceWithGrace

Comment

^^x2! That's the thing I hate most when towing on hills. I burn up at least 1 set a year

Comment

Originally posted by PaceWithGrace View Post
                            I'd ask if they can outfit it with electric-over-hydraulic brakes.

PaceWithGrace
                            They can....its a $1,500 option to get the electronic disc brakes

Comment

Hmm, that's pricey. You can probably do it yourself for less than $1000 if it becomes a necessity. It's not needed for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X