Nautique G21 Trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nautique G21 Trailer?

Hey guys quick question...do you foresee any problems fitment wise if I picked up a Boatmate Nautique G21 Trailer for a 2000 21v?

Yes, I foresee problems, the trailer is not made for that boat. To know it will work for you it has to be measured against your hull to make sure the bunks are out of the way of your water intake, the tracking fins, the chines on the hull, the location of the bow roller, the winch and also the prop guard. I think the basic profile of the hull is a little different as well, so the bunks will be angles a little different for your boat and you might have pressure points on your hull where the weight of your boat is not distributed along the bunk but concentrated on a few points, which is not good.

All these things might line up perfectly, but you need to measure several times before trying to put the boat on the trailer. These are the problems I foresee, hope it helps.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

+1 on what Ewok said. The trailer's are made for the boat that they are going under, it's not one of those 1 trailer fits all type of trailer's.

Comment

Well, its a moot point...guy came back and quoted me for the trailer to cost over 1/3 the price of my entire boat....anyway...so you guys have any recommendation on where I could shop for a trailer replacement for a 21v?

Is $6,600 "at cost" for a trailer the going rate now?

Comment

$6,000+ sounds about right for a trailer.

Comment

I paid around 7k for my new trailer but got some upgrades as well.
            A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

Comment

7k for me too

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Well thanks guys for the info...definitely had to adjust my price expectations on a new trailer........I guess I'll look much harder at fixing my current one.....tires are rubbing and wearing abnormally fast so the dealer is speculating (he has his trailer guy coming out before giving me a final answer) that the axle might be bad.....

That's what drove me to look at new but I can't imagine an axle swap being anywhere near a new one....it's a hard pill to swallow possibly paying for a trailer that will cost 30-40% the price of your boat lol
                Last edited by BurnMac42; 09-26-2015, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I just fought the same battle and lost. I was trying to hard to find something that would work for my 21v. No luck. Everything that I found would have been a half *** solution. Ended a dealership close by and they quoted me $4,999 + tax, title, etc. for a custom tandem axel boatmate trailer. LED lights, 4 wheel disc breaks, backlit Tige logo on the side, etc. I bit the bullet and it should be here in a couple weeks. Clearly the right route to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
                    Well thanks guys for the info...definitely had to adjust my price expectations on a new trailer........I guess I'll look much harder at fixing my current one.....tires are rubbing and wearing abnormally fast so the dealer is speculating (he has his trailer guy coming out before giving me a final answer) that the axle might be bad.....

That's what drove me to look at new but I can't imagine an axle swap being anywhere near a new one....it's a hard pill to swallow possibly paying for a trailer that will cost 30-40% the price of your boat lol
                    I just had a new axle installed on my trailer and it was a little beefier than stock, and it was 325 for parts, and 65/hr for labor. I had some other stuff done to the trailer at that time as well, but one or two axles is going to be way cheaper than a new trailer. That is, assuming that all the welds are still good and there isn't much rust. It's hard to tell on these painted trailers since they can rust from the inside out. I had a galvanized trailer under my old '93 Bayliner that I sold in 2010, and it was in perfect shape.

My current trailer is a RoadRunner, made in Lewisville, TX, and it is garbage. Luckily they are out of business, but I've had several welds redone, I've had an extra support added for the winch, extra reinforcement added to the point where the side beams meet the center beam that tuns into the tongue. When the front axle was replaced it was clear to see the original axles were offset a little between themselves and neither one was centered on the trailer. They were in alignment but not centered on the trailer. Needless to say I'm still saving up for a new trailer in a few years. I've read that Boatmate offers a galvanized trailer option, which I would order in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by mdk681 View Post
                      I just fought the same battle and lost. I was trying to hard to find something that would work for my 21v. No luck. Everything that I found would have been a half *** solution. Ended a dealership close by and they quoted me $4,999 + tax, title, etc. for a custom tandem axel boatmate trailer. LED lights, 4 wheel disc breaks, backlit Tige logo on the side, etc. I bit the bullet and it should be here in a couple weeks. Clearly the right route to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I have this boatmate trailer but single axle and it was around $3k-$3500. I'd have to look at the paperwork again. I also only have a R20.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
                      2015 Tigé R20

Comment

Apparently both axles sorta need replaced. They are just barely out but enough to warrant the early tire wear....dealer said that it would honestly be fine for short distances but he recommends getting both axles replaced if I was going to tow it cross country...it just barely rubs the tires, it isn't structurally bad.......He quoted $1400 for everything which is about in line....

I asked him just out of curiosity how much a new trailer would be and he quoted $3500 for a custom boatmate dual axle trailer....that was without asking about any discount, etc...

I'm honestly on the fence...he said he didn't think it was worth a new trailer yet however if I get the trailer down closer to $3k brand new, $1400 is almost 50% there already.....

Last edited by BurnMac42; 12-16-2015, 04:10 PM.

Comment

That sounds really low for a boatmate trailer, is that a ballpark without a recent price quote?

Replacing the front axle, installing a new reverse lockout solenoid, flushing and bleeding brakes, new hubs for new axle, and new bearings all around set me back 1200, you did pretty well for 2 axles.

Comment

My dealer quoted me 5000.00 to replace my single axle boatmate trailer with the identical trailer from boatmate and 7500.00 for the galvanized version. Also told me there is no negotiating on the price. We go in brackish water so I need galvanized or aluminum.

I brought the trailer to a local trailer manufacturer and they told me they could duplicate it exactly in aluminum for me for 3200.00. This is what I am having done. It wont be all blingy matchy matchy but I don't care. The trailer is very utilitarian to me. Also trying to touch up chips and scratches on custom color is a giant pia. If I went with a boatmate I would go with the black.

Comment

Working...
                            X