What is your TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your TV?

I'm sure a Something Or Other 2500HD is the ideal tow vehicle, but what do others use? I see a lot of (awesome) boat pictures and just the TV's bumper... enough to tell its not a truck. So what do you use, in what landscape, and how well does it manage?

1. 1999 Durango 5.9L with HD transmission and an extra leaf in the back. Lots of hills/mountains in BC. It does OK but it definitely feels like it's working hard.

image.jpgAnother fellow Canadian !! We travel from Calgary to southern bc almost every weekend in the summer !! Pulls great through the mountains.
    Last edited by Travism; 06-30-2015, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Ford KR 150 or 250?

Comment

Tige' 2.jpg
        We tow with a 2003 Chevy 2500HD with the Duramax.

Comment

Here is my F350 with my toyhauler.... Don't have a pic with the boat attached right now.

image.jpg

Comment

Another Canadian!!!

2012 Chevy 3500 gas Sorry no pictures
            We only use it to tow the boat and 5th wheel a few times a year to and from the lake

Comment

2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7 v8. I tow 90 miles to and from the lake all year long. Short tows to local ramp near the home base. Does really well. Never feel that not enough power and more importantly always feel has enough stopping power.

It is flat here in florida but also very hot and humid so AC is always cranking.

1truck.JPGTruckboat.jpg

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435675758.697933.jpg
                F-250 6.7 powerstroke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

photo 1.JPG

2011 F-250

Hwy's are mainly flat around here till you get to the lake. Pulls the hills like the boat isn't even back there and stops it with no issues (hyd brakes leak on trailer and I haven't taken time to fix the hitch yet since I don't need it)
                  Last edited by Ruger761; 06-30-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I bought a 14 F150 EcoBoost this year as my old 05 wasn't able to pull my boat up the Coquihalla here in BC which has an 8% grade for about 2-3 miles. Almost blew my truck up last year trying to do it. Night and day difference with pulling the boat now. If I can get away with a gasser on the hills/mountains we have around here I can't even begin to understand why people think they need to have a diesel in some of the different states unless they are putting a camper in the box and towing or pulling very large trailers. No wakeboat requires a diesel. You just decided you want to drive one.

Comment

What is your TV?

Last year

This year

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

C'est quoi comme moteur dans ta Jeep?

Comment

I'm also in BC, Fort St John however I'll be in Cultas Lake for August. 2012 Tacoma Matte Army Green. Tows Z1 pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Corey, I'll see you out on Cultus. I'm only 20 min away in Abbotsford and I'm up there twice a week.

Comment

boat and truck.jpg

2013 Ford F150 EcoBoost-2006 24Ve
                              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X